Black Australorps

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by nanneram, Dec 15, 2010.

1. nanneram

nanneram New Egg

Dec 10, 2010
    Well, I found that my Silver laced Wyandotte Roo is still picking on one of the two buffs even though he is coming along quite nicely. So I really like this guy but he has to go. I have decide to re-home the two buffs and keep the Black Australorps hens. So I am looking for a nice Black Australorp Rooster to go with my girls. Does anyone have experience with the Blacks? The girls all seem very nice and easy to care for.

Is anyone interested in the two buffs? They were born in the spring and are good egg layers. If not, I will take them to the poultry auction in Chehalis, WA Saturday.

I think there is a guy that is buying all the SL Wyandotts he can, so I am good there, unless someone really want him. He is very handsome and large. He respects me, but I can't watch him all the time around the girls.

2. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    Welcome to BYC!

You might want to check out the buy/sell/auction section for rehoming your birds.

As far as black australorps, i have heard of super docile roosters and horrible roosters. But it's supposed to be a generally docile breed, so your chances are good of getting a nice guy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by