Black Australorps

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by tinzman8, Mar 20, 2012.

1. tinzman8

tinzman8 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2011
    What's everyone's opinion and experience on Australorps? I added 10 to my chick order that i just picked up because I've never had them and wanted some variety in my flock.

2. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    I love my black Aussies. I find them to be very gentle birds and great layers. Even my roosters are really sweet. I think you will love them :)

3. tinzman8

tinzman8 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2011
    Ok thanks! Thats what i was hoping to hear! [​IMG]

4. snyder11

snyder11 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2012
    Custer, SD
    I just got some and I am looking forward to getting to know these awesome birds.

5. randishinney

randishinney Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2012
    I have of them! They are awesome layers! Mine are my least friendly, but I only have them and 3 Sussex that are older. I still have to see what happens with my little ones. They aren't not friendly, just not as friendly as the others. :p they are beautiful though! I love the greens and blues and purples that show up when the sun hits them!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

6. aveca

aveca Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Waverly, NY
    there is another australorp thread, people have posted pics and info over there, even some australian aussies we all drooled over..little color issue in the blue with them but WOW! I love aussies, they are my favorite breed.they dont dissapoint in winter laying without artificial light

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  7. chooniecat

chooniecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    central ohio
    I love my BA hens( 2 yo) but the roo is a monster. he started appx. 1 yo to act aggressive and NOTHING works for long to discourage him but...... the hens lay beautiful big eggs and they would probably go broody if I let them. They don't like to give their eggs up but are very gentle when you are collectng.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by