Black Austrolorpe pullets

quest1

Hatching
Feb 14, 2017
I have 6 Blk Aust Pullets, 20 weeks old. Big Pretty Girls. Tame as an old dog. But, no eggs yet. Well, I put a light in the hen house and left it on till 10:00 P M , In two weeks Actually 10 days, and Walla... 3 eggs yesterday and 3 more today. Also started giving them a big coffee cup of crimped oats every day. I can't get them to eat Alfalfa pellets, any suggestion ??? I Remember Years ago the feed store in town in Arkansas had 3 old Black Aust hens , put out to sell for the cooking pot...I felt So Sorry for them I bought them to let them rest out there days with my Game hens . They Started Laying Again Good Feed and Free Range... They were still Laying EVERY Day and when I sold the farm and moved to Florida .. My Neighbor told me at Christmas . when no other hen lays the Three Little Black Austrolorpe's still Laying .... They have to be at least 5 or 6 Yrs old by now, WoW .. Best Laying Hens In The World as far as I'm Concerned , Blessings...... Gary In Florida

That's pretty good
1f60a.png
My 3 Black Australorps are pretty consistent layers since they were 18 wks old, they're almost a year old now I don't put lights in their coop except for 2 hours in the morning so I can feed and water them before going to work.

Well, New inf on ... Black Austrolorpe pullets ... Now 5 out of 6 Pullets are laying. Pullet eggs of course .. But, they are laying. I'm now getting 7 eggs a day out of 8 hens. I hope the last hen kicks in this week. That is top noch production in any hen house. They are free range and I give them two slices of bread every day food scraps and all the organic laying crumbles they can eat. A little crimped oats and alfalfa pellets ... but ... I have to crush the alf pellets other wise they won't eat it at all. I don't have a Rooster...What are the pro's and con's of not having a rooster.... Thanks for all the info ... Gary in Florida

....Well ... Good News, All Black Austrolorpes are Laying..... Pullet Eggs. I have 8 hens 6 B/A 2 Red Sex Links. I Got 8 Eggs out of 8 hens ....Very Good Girls. The Red Sex Links lay early morning... The B/A lay in the afternoon . Any Way . What a Blessing. Well more later. Gary in Florida

Back
Top Bottom