Black bantam Ameraucanas finally decided to lay!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by sara, Nov 20, 2008.

1. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I'm so excited! I got my very first egg from my black bantam Ameraucanas. I soon thought they were never going to start. Isn't it cute!

[​IMG]

2. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Hurray!!!!! [​IMG] Very exciting!!!!! Or should I say EGGCITING!!!!!!!! [​IMG] It is so cute. How old are the banty pullets?

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Pretty little egg, Sara. Congrats! [​IMG]

4. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Thanks. I had stopped really checking because they are like 6 months old, and I was about to give up on them. Then there it was!

Sadly, that's the only egg I got yesterday! [​IMG]

5. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Congrats Sara! Maybe the lay an egg girls war dance or fairy dust sprinkles will blow this way. I have BBS Orp pullets I'm giving up hope on for a first egg! [​IMG]

6. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I'm giving up hope on eggs in general. My girls are on strike, and seem to have no interest in starting back up. [​IMG]

7. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Congratulations again, Sara!!!!!! [​IMG] It is just so cute.

I was just wondering how old your pullets were b/c my standard Ameraucanas that I hatched this spring are not laying yet either. [​IMG]

The EE girls that I got from the hatchery that are about a week to two weeks older than my Ameraucanas have been laying for a while, but no blue egg for me yet. [​IMG] Now it's so cold and shorter days....I wonder if they will hold out until spring. [​IMG]

I wanted banty Ameraucanas soooo bad last year. Post a pic of your girls. Please!!!!!! I bet the rest will start laying for you now.

Some of my older girls are on strike to, but they are molting. [​IMG]

8. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I'll post pics of them as soon as I can find the charger for my batteries for the camera. I put it somewhere yesterday because my 2 year old was after them, and don't know where I put it. Today's a good day cause I just cleaned the pen [​IMG]

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

[​IMG]

10. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Here they are :
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by