1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Black bantam Ameraucanas finally decided to lay!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by sara, Nov 20, 2008.

1. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I'm so excited! I got my very first egg from my black bantam Ameraucanas. I soon thought they were never going to start. Isn't it cute!

[​IMG]

2. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Hurray!!!!! [​IMG] Very exciting!!!!! Or should I say EGGCITING!!!!!!!! [​IMG] It is so cute. How old are the banty pullets?

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Pretty little egg, Sara. Congrats! [​IMG]

4. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Thanks. I had stopped really checking because they are like 6 months old, and I was about to give up on them. Then there it was!

Sadly, that's the only egg I got yesterday! [​IMG]

5. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Congrats Sara! Maybe the lay an egg girls war dance or fairy dust sprinkles will blow this way. I have BBS Orp pullets I'm giving up hope on for a first egg! [​IMG]

6. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I'm giving up hope on eggs in general. My girls are on strike, and seem to have no interest in starting back up. [​IMG]

7. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Congratulations again, Sara!!!!!! [​IMG] It is just so cute.

I was just wondering how old your pullets were b/c my standard Ameraucanas that I hatched this spring are not laying yet either. [​IMG]

The EE girls that I got from the hatchery that are about a week to two weeks older than my Ameraucanas have been laying for a while, but no blue egg for me yet. [​IMG] Now it's so cold and shorter days....I wonder if they will hold out until spring. [​IMG]

I wanted banty Ameraucanas soooo bad last year. Post a pic of your girls. Please!!!!!! I bet the rest will start laying for you now.

Some of my older girls are on strike to, but they are molting. [​IMG]

8. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I'll post pics of them as soon as I can find the charger for my batteries for the camera. I put it somewhere yesterday because my 2 year old was after them, and don't know where I put it. Today's a good day cause I just cleaned the pen [​IMG]

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

[​IMG]

10. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Here they are :
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by