Black bantam cochin cockerel

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ShysCreations, May 1, 2011.

1. ShysCreations

ShysCreations Chillin' With My Peeps

Nicely shaped black cochin male, 2010 spring hatch so he is very nearly rooster age. He's crowing/breeding. Heavily feathered feet, yellow & full toes/nails. Comb & wattles in great shape, he's not been fighting. Lovely broad tail & compact shape. In photos he has not been trimmed for breeding so all the cushion is there. He was part of a pair I purchased at a show... I am keeping the hen but feel he's of good quality so thought I'd make him available. He's from reputable Colorado breeder, one of 2-3 in the state who win the Colo shows. If someone in Colo is interested, I can meet at the Sunday swap in Brighton.
    Paypal only to [email protected] w/n 12 hrs of auction end. email with any questions. Will arrive to you in a Horizons box & have melon for sustenance. USPS charges a live ship surcharge...on top of their per lb fee.....jeeeesh!

[​IMG]

More pics on my photobucket page http://s651.photobucket.com/albums/uu231/prairielover/Chickens/For Sale/

2. chrisbc33

chrisbc33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2010
    Gloucester, Va
    Very pretty boy!!![​IMG]

3. acme

acme Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2011
    Nice Bird [​IMG]

4. CrazyFowlFreak

CrazyFowlFreak Pine Hill Farm

Apr 24, 2009
    WV
    I love him. Would express get him WV fast enough that it wouldn't be crazy stressful on him?

5. mountaintopsilkies

mountaintopsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2010
    MAINE
    Gorgeous Bird! But I have a question?, Isn't he feet surpose to be black?

6. wwmicasa1

wwmicasa1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2008
    Wingshadows Hacienda
    Quote:Shylee.

He is a beauty~! [​IMG]

My question is on the USPS "Live Surcharge". I just shipped 5 birds on Monday & nothing was mentioned by my PO. I do my labels here at home on my computer. Perhaps this is something that is only charged if you actually go into the PO for them to handle the labeling?? Let me know what your scenario was as I'm really interested. I ship a lot of birds & this would be devastating to all involved. Thanks so much for the heads up.

7. ShysCreations

ShysCreations Chillin' With My Peeps

Lynne, you've got me hmmmmmming & hmmming. I think the POs are definitely not consistent. I drop off at the large mail facility in central Denver which goes directly to the airport. Rather than an extra stop for the bird at my local PO.
    I'll grab my receipt tonight but I think it was a $6 live surcharge. For one adult bantam cochin male to Reno, NV with a good size chunk of watermelon....it was $52. That was purely postage, I didn't even pass on the cost of the box itself.
    Do you use paypal for your home printing? I've not seen how to make a live ship label on there.

8. mountaintopsilkies

mountaintopsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2010
    MAINE
    Sackman, you don't use live ship on Paypal, you have to use EXPRESS MAIL, Then you don't have to pay the surcharge. And you didn't answer my question. OH never mind about the feet! I see the object in the background which ends up in the front where I thought his toes were! DUH!![​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  9. Mr. Ree

Mr. Ree Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
    Amazing bird! Congrats to high bidder.

~Casey

10. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:On paypal you just choose express mail. No live surcharge and its cheaper than paying for express at the PO. When somebody pays you, next to their payment will be a print shipping label option. Click that and it will tell you what to do.

Beautiful bird!! Wish I had cochins.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by