Black Beak Baby?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Margy1, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Margy1

Margy1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2014
    I went out to check on the chicks in their outside daytime play pen and I noticed on of them has a black beak, I looked back at older pictures of her (she is only 4 weeks old so its last weeks picture lol!) and it was black then to, but not nearly as black. Is this just part of the growing process? One other has a slightly dark beak but not like this one. I am adding a picture of her. I may just be overly worried about all the babies since we've never had chickens before, I would just hate for something to be wrong and I not know. Thank you! :)

[​IMG]

I apologize if I put this in the wrong category, I was not sure which it should go in, but figured shes a baby still so this is a good start:).

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I think your chick is just fine. You'll be so surprised at how much they change while growing. They end up looking totally different from when they were just fuzzy little day-old chicks. :)

3. Margy1

Margy1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2014
    Thank you I can quit worrying about it! I thought she hit it and it was hurt or something! That's true! They have all already changed so much! They are growing into such pretty little birds I can't wait to see what they end up looking like!:)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by