Black Bearded Silkie Cockerel

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by signaturefarm, Nov 7, 2011.

1. signaturefarm

signaturefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Pelham, Georgia
    Black Bearded Silkie Cockerel. Has some Hackle color. Good comb. Questions, just ask...Can deliver to Dalton Ga show to save shipping @ end of Nov. band 255

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ultasol

ultasol Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    Of the birds you have listed, this one is my favorite. Cute black K.

3. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    How old is this one?

4. signaturefarm

Jul 1, 2007
    Pelham, Georgia
    Quote:7 to 8 months old.

For those of you asking: [​IMG] I have some black girls I will be listing soon.. Just have to get pics. Depending on how the rest of my week goes. It might be this weekend before I am able to get pics. But yes. Have black females available... Will post some here and some on my facebook photos page by this weekend..

5. SimplySplendidSilkies

SimplySplendidSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Adairsville, GA
    He is a knock out!

6. signaturefarm

Jul 1, 2007
    Pelham, Georgia
    Quote:Thanks Tish,
    If it were not that he popped up with color in his hackle and I did not have his brother without any color in hackle.. He would stay..This is a heck of a breeder bird.... Been working on getting good combs on black and am getting the combs I like.. Now just to fix everything else with blacks..lol...

7. ultasol

ultasol Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    Hackle color is hard! It kills me when it doesn't show up until a year or two.

8. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    I love this guy! [​IMG] So excited to see your girls when you post them!!!

9. SimplySplendidSilkies

Apr 11, 2010
    Adairsville, GA
    Quote:Thanks Tish,
    If it were not that he popped up with color in his hackle and I did not have his brother without any color in hackle.. He would stay..This is a heck of a breeder bird.... Been working on getting good combs on black and am getting the combs I like.. Now just to fix everything else with blacks..lol...

Uuumm yeah I raise Showgirls so hackles not so much of a concern with them. [​IMG] I really want to shorten the Showgirls backs. It is killing me not to bid. I just keep thinking frozen waterers. FROZEN WATERERS! [​IMG] Not a surprise I am checking on the auction at 5am. [​IMG] 5 hours left I must find something to do for 5 hours and the sun won't be up for at 1 so I am stuck in the house twiddling my thumbs.
    See you soon.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  10. SimplySplendidSilkies

Apr 11, 2010
    Adairsville, GA
    4 hours to go and the sun is trying to come up. You are really torturing me over here with this guy. Floors mopped, dishes washed and clothes folded now I guess I will go watch chicks in the brooder to see how much time that will pass. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by