Black Bearded Silkie Cockerel

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by signaturefarm, Nov 7, 2011.

1. signaturefarm

signaturefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Pelham, Georgia
    Black Bearded Silkie Cockerel. 1/2 my line 1/2 outside lines. Questions, just ask...Can deliver to Dalton Ga show to save shipping @ end of Nov. band 2562

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. signaturefarm

Jul 1, 2007
    Pelham, Georgia
    For those of you asking: [​IMG] I have some black girls I will be listing soon.. Just have to get pics. Depending on how the rest of my week goes. It might be this weekend before I am able to get pics. But yes. Have black females available... Will post some here and some on my facebook photos page by this weekend..

3. vetgirl00us

vetgirl00us Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Rome, GA
    I don't know alot about silkies. Is this one show quality?

4. signaturefarm

Jul 1, 2007
    Pelham, Georgia
    Quote:He does not have any DQ's (disqualifications)at this time. He is still pretty young and he would need some time to finish out growing. His comb is looking more mulberry which is still OK. But I prefer black combs. I have seen many birds show with much redder combs than him and do well. It really depends on the judge. Show quality can be very misleading. For instance I have seen hatchery birds show. You can show just about anything. But whether you win or not is the personal opinion of that judge. I have placed well with birds I thought should not have. I am concentrating on blacks and have quite a few boys. So needed to let some go. Thanks, Aimee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by