Black bird sheen (male and female)?

Sorry about no pictures, some of them are really hard to see at this point in their a mix of a wyandotte roo .cross over a production read or Rhode Island red hen . It seems almost all of my batch are roosters. I was doing some research on some other breeds that are typically in all black bird such as a Java and found that some of the females also have sheen in those birds. So I was wondering if it was true about all blackbirds or just specific breeds. My wine dot is a blue and the female crossed that he could be mixed with would be silver lysed, gold laced, or blue which I don't think her eggs are fertile. I was told my wine.mix I can only get a blue or a black coming from the gold or silver cross.

Then that leads me to another crazy question, I'll post a picture later I did not think my barred rock was laying but I ended up with four barred chickens. If there's no way I can get a Silverlace from the blue silver cross then I would assume the only way that could happen was in fact that my barred Rock was lying?

Sorry about no pictures, some of them are really hard to see at this point in their a mix of a wyandotte roo .cross over a production read or Rhode Island red hen . It seems almost all of my batch are roosters. I was doing some research on some other breeds that are typically in all black bird such as a Java and found that some of the females also have sheen in those birds. So I was wondering if it was true about all blackbirds or just specific breeds. My wine dot is a blue and the female crossed that he could be mixed with would be silver lysed, gold laced, or blue which I don't think her eggs are fertile. I was told my wine.mix I can only get a blue or a black coming from the gold or silver cross.

Then that leads me to another crazy question, I'll post a picture later I did not think my barred rock was laying but I ended up with four barred chickens. If there's no way I can get a Silverlace from the blue silver cross then I would assume the only way that could happen was in fact that my barred Rock was lying?

This cross will not make sexlinks. Barring will be spread to both males and females.

Barring came from the golden laced wyandotte. The comb is not a rock comb and the body looks wrong for a rock.

I wasn't trying to make sex links but was very surprised to see any barring at all . It's only option was a blue Wyandotte roo with gold lace , silver lace, production red or RIR hen . My barred rock had not laid for months so I was shocked to see this .

When I get home I will post my black crosses and hope you can see the sheen .

These were just BYM but I am trying to mainly educate myself since I have unexpected results

I have barred Rock pullets with sheen. My black Australorps pullets and my black Jersey Giant pullet also have that green sheen. So I would assume that any black bird can have a sheen to the feathers.

I have barred Rock pullets with sheen. My black Australorps pullets and my black Jersey Giant pullet also have that green sheen. So I would assume that any black bird can have a sheen to the feathers.
langshans have a purple sheen--from too much oil. Australorps have the green sheen and sometimes purple.

It is very pretty!

Back
Top Bottom