Black Birds don't remember what I bought??!!!! Help please.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by happyhappy, Sep 21, 2010.

1. happyhappy

happyhappy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Napa, CA
    This should be easy for all you experienced peeps, I bought them 7 months ago but darn if I paid attention! Do not have the means to take a pic. but..... They are huge, one a roo, one hen, black feet and eyes, solid black except for a lovely green sheen on their backs and wings. They are not laying yet but non of my larger birds are Brahmas also! Last question will they lay blue/green eggs, so I know when the brahmas start to lay also and they will lay white eggs yes? Thanks so much.... in advance! [​IMG]

2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Brahmas lay brown eggs. The black birds could be jersey giants or australorps, possibly something else like marans, minorcas, sumatras, black orpingtons.... Do they have white ear lobes? What color are the bottoms of their feet? (yellow= jersey giant, pink= black australorp)

3. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    Skin color?
    Ear lobe color?
    type of comb?

Matt

4. happyhappy

happyhappy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Napa, CA
    Matt - Skin color is black, earlobs black and one has yet to have a true comb and I don't know combs yet? The feed center dosen't even know what they are or where as a nice very mexican man helped me so maybe.... Australope but huge and all black except for the green sheen! Need to go to work and someone new is on the nest right now since that is not my barred call nor my buff. Thanks! Will try to get a picture in the evening!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by