Status
Not open for further replies.

ruth

Life is a Journey
12 Years
Jul 8, 2007
Woodville, MS
**Edited by Staff**

Tonight I will be moving my BCM's around. These are the original French Black Copper Marans - many of which were owned by Wade & Kelvin Jeane personally and are some of the very best true French BCMs in this country. I'm putting my best of the best together and putting my "project" group together. I'm separating out my Olive Eggers that were in one pen so there is the possibility that my one Olive Egger roo (half BCM/half Olive Egger) might have had "access" to a BCM hen but that's about the only possibility of a non-pure Marans - and, in that case, you might get an Olive Egger. I do have a pure Blue Copper Marans roo (from Whitmore Farms) in one pen of BCM females, along with two BCM roos (as seen in pics) so you also might get some Blue Copper Marans (I know I'm hatching some). And, since these are Jeane lines you might get a Wheaten since I've now learned which roo has been throwing the occasional wheaten chick (he's also coming out of the pen).

I think that covers all of my legal disclaimers - so to recap - There are about 40 pure BCM hens which I have in several pens (including the original hens from Wade/Kelvin Jeane personally) . In one pen has been what I thought was a pure BCM roo which I'm learning may be a wheaten or at least throws a wheaten chick out of about every 60 I hatch (He's one of the original roos from Wade Jeane himself - and no I'm not going to debate it but since the Jeane line has been known to throw Wheatens, I now know where they were coming from). I also have an Olive Egger roo (BCM dad, Olive Egger mom). And, I have a pure Blue Copper Marans roo.

I'm offering a dozen eggs at $35 a dozen plus $10 shipping.

bcmhens2-1.jpg

broodybcms.jpg

bcmhens1-1.jpg

bluecopper2.jpg

bluecopper1.jpg

eggs-2.jpg

I will be selling these for a couple of weeks so PM me if you are interested and please do not hit the Buy It Now button since that closes the auction.

I'm also asking, out of courtesy, that if you are NOT interested in ordering eggs, to please keep the debates, disucssions and comments about these birds or this breed or this line off the auction thread and on the Marans Thread.

Thanks so much.

By the way - I make no claims as to how these birds rank in the "new/proposed" American Poultry Assoc. standards that vary from the long standing French standards. This auction is for those that want beautiful birds that lay dark eggs and can trace their lineage back to France. Once I finish sorting out my breeder birds and begin breeding only the "best of the best" the prices will, of course, be more but for now, it's an affordable auction open to all who want this great breed of birds. And, who knows, you could also get the next blue ribbon winner out of the bunch because these are the original Jeane birds and their offspring and I have never mixed my lines.

Okay, I think that about covers the disclaimers - you know you have to be exact when discussing Black Copper Marans.

Also edited to add: I sell olive egger hatching eggs and I sell chicks of all breeds, including BCMs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I wasn't feeling Jack Frost breathing down my neck already... you have beautiful birds, Ruth.
smile.png

I'm afraid I now have a short waiting list. I can still take orders but it may be end of Sept. through mid-Oct. before I could ship your eggs. Thanks to all who ordered. I'll also be putting a bunch in bator to hatch and sell as chicks so if you're interested in getting chicks let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom