Black Blue Laced Red Wyandottes?

jag

Songster
12 Years
Mar 9, 2007
Maine
I would love to know if you guys think these two boys are black blue laced red wyandottes?
They were incubated from my flock, which consists of a lot of BLRW, but I also have americanas, which I thought was what they were.

The older rooster is 'Slick' - the greatest roo that ever lived.
smile.png
The younger one is 'Mini-Slick' - the older MS gets, the more I wondered.

What do you think? They both have black nails.
smile.png

Slick:
DSC05394-1.jpg

DSC05392-1.jpg

Mini-Slick:
DSC05529.jpg

Last edited:

rodriguezpoultry

Langshan Lover
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
Claremore, OK
I believe the first one is a "bleached out" blue laced red Wyandotte. When I say "bleached out" I mean, the sunlight has turned his feathers into a brown color.

It could also be that his feathers are chocolate or dun instead of the usual blue lacing red.

The second bird is definitely a blue-laced red Wyandotte.

jag

Songster
12 Years
Mar 9, 2007
Maine
Thanks RP!
big_smile.png
That excites the heck outta me!!! Does anyone else have any pictures of their black BLRW's? Especially hens...I have a few of those that I think may be blacks too.

Slick has been that color since he got his color and the picture doesn't really show his blackness...the sun shine really brings out a mahogany undertone he has. He's the sweetest rooster ever and the best yard dog too!! The girls love him.

Last edited:

jag

Songster
12 Years
Mar 9, 2007
Maine
LOL!! Slickie a biker dude! He is a big boy!
Mini Slick is going to be bigger...he was a GIANT chick!!! We also call Mini Slick 'Too Tall'

jag

Songster
12 Years
Mar 9, 2007
Maine
Wow Kellie...he's prettier than mini slick! His coloring is more correct - more red then brassiness and his comb is absolutely beautiful! Both my boys have big bumpy combs.
Thanks for posting the pictures of him!! I love seeing him.
smile.png
He's got black nails too!

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom