Black/Blue/Splash Mottled & BBS split Mottled Cochin Bantam Hatching Eggs For Sale in Texas

WallabyOfChaos

Songster
10 Years
Mar 17, 2012
Texas Panhandle
My Coop
My Coop
~*~ Description ~*~
Fresh, fertile hatching eggs from our purebred flock of Black Mottled, Blue Mottled, Splash Mottled, and BBS "split" for Mottled Cochin bantam chickens. I test for fertility weekly and so far the hens are laying well and fertility is looking great! These beautiful little birds are very docile and make excellent pets. The hens are good setters and are reliable layers of small tinted to light brown eggs. Cochin bantams have a phenomenal mothering ability and are a popular choice among many breeders for use as foster mothers to other breeds and types of fowl. Our flock includes split-for-Mottled Black, Black Mottled, split-for-Mottled Blue, split-for-Mottled Blue Frizzle, Blue Mottled, split-for-Mottled Splash and Splash Mottled hens covered by split-for-Mottled Blue, Black Mottled, and Splash Mottled roosters. Our solid-colored BBS birds are "split" for Mottled, which means those birds are carrying one copy of the recessive Mottled gene. Chicks hatched from these eggs can be Mottled (Black, Blue, or Splash), solid-colored split-for-Mottled chicks who are carrying the Mottled gene, and there is a small chance at hatching some true solid-colored BBS chicks who are not Mottled gene carriers. My flock is kept in a large run and allowed to free range around our farm for several hours each day except in inclement weather and when danger of loss due to depredation is high. There are just 2 Frizzle hens in the group and I cannot guarantee that you will or will not receive any Frizzle eggs in your order. Also, I cannot guarantee the ratio of colors that you may hatch, nor can I guarantee that you will or will not hatch any chicks of a specific color. Our birds are purebred and represent their breed and variety, but I do not guarantee or represent that they are of show quality.

~*~ Pricing ~*~
6+ eggs.................$25.00
12+ eggs...............$40.00
Prices include Priority shipping with Delivery Confirmation and Insurance shipped anywhere in the 48 contiguous U.S. states. I cannot ship internationally, nor can I ship to any of the U.S. protectorates.

~*~ Extra Egg Policy~*~
I try to include 1 extra egg per 3 eggs purchased. Extra eggs are included to help offset any damages that your eggs may incur during shipping, such as cracked or broken eggs, severely detached air cells, or other damages or exposure that may render an egg infertile or un-hatchable.

~*~ Payment ~*~
Please send me a PM for my PayPal information. If you do not use PayPal just send a message and we will work something out.
~*~ Shipping & Handling ~*~
Eggs will be collected following cleared payment and will ship as soon as the number of eggs you purchased have been accumulated. These eggs will be collected several times daily, placed on an auto-turner, and kept at 55 to 60 degrees until shipping time. Eggs will be 4 days old or less on shipping day. As I collect the eggs, I mark the date they were laid on their ends in pencil and I only send the most fresh. If for any reason the hens stop laying the buyer will be contacted as soon as possible to arrange a new shipping date or a refund. I do not wash eggs as this can greatly decrease their hatchability, and since chickens don't wipe their feet before they use the nest box there may be some smudges on some of your eggs. I never ship excessively dirty or filthy eggs. Eggs are shipped by USPS Priority Mail, which is a 2 to 3 day service. You will receive a Delivery Confirmation number which you can use to track your package. Insurance is not available for hatching eggs. I pack my hatching eggs carefully and only in new materials. Each egg is carefully wrapped in bubble wrap and placed pointy end down inside new recycled paper cartons. The cartons are nestled in paper inside the interior box, which is also in paper inside the outer shipping box. If you would like your eggs to be packaged in a different manner please let me know and I will do my best to accommodate you. Boxes will be clearly marked as "Fragile" only with clearly marked arrows to show which side is "up" unless buyer requests they be marked otherwise. Every precaution will be made to help ensure that you receive fresh, fertile eggs but unfortunately I cannot be responsible for rough handling or delays by the postal service.​

Local pickup is available, but please bring your own egg carton.

~*~ About Hatch Rates of Shipped Eggs ~*~
Buying hatching eggs to be shipped is a risk. It is not uncommon for hatch rates on shipped eggs to be 50% or less. As such, due to circumstances far beyond my control including but not limited to rough handling, exposure, or delays during shipping, and your incubating and hatching conditions or techniques, I cannot guarantee your hatch rates. By making a purchase, the buyer understands and acknowledges the risk involved in shipping hatching eggs and will not hold the seller liable for postal delays, egg infertility and/or poor hatch rates.

Our flock has been tested and is certified Pullorum-Typhoid free by the State of Texas.

If you have any questions at all please feel free to ask!​

Last edited:
Thanks!

The variety is why I love the BBS birds - I can have all three colors running around together and their offspring aren't considered crossbreds!
big_smile.png

I bought some of your eggs off eBay. I must say you have the best packaging I've received AND the best looking eggs! They are hatching today, 3 out so far. Here is the first one. I love them!

That's great!
celebrate.gif

I hope the others will hurry up and hatch for you and thank you for the picture. It looks like a Blue and it is a cute little critter too! Thank you so much for the update and good luck with the remaining eggs!
thumbsup.gif

Update--All six eggs hatched and two are frizzle-yay! I think one male and one female because one feathered out way faster if that theory is true.

Back
Top Bottom