Black Breasted Red Cubalaya...SOLD!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by shelleyb1969, May 14, 2011.

1. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

According to someone MUCH more knowledgeable than myself [​IMG] , I have 3 pullets. [​IMG] Price is for all 3 birds.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  2. Vcomb

Vcomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    are they bantam or largefowl?

3. shelleyb1969

Quote:large fowl. but as typically seen with Cubalaya, they are rather small

4. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Shelley, those are three pullets. [​IMG]

Cubalaya females should reach around 4 lbs at maturity. Most hatchery fowl have been found to only reach the 2 lbs mark. It will take them a good year or two to mature fully, though they will start laying around the 8 month mark.

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  5. shelleyb1969

Quote:Really? All pullets? Even the one with the black breast? And the other "big" one has a black "undercoat" to it's breast feathers, and they both act VERY roo-ish and even at this young age, their combs are much more pink/red than the 3rd one. [​IMG]

Thanks for letting me know. Now maybe someone will want them even more. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  6. Cuban Longtails

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Quote:The one with the black in her feathers is what we (breeders) call "smutt" wheaten. She will throw some nice black breasted red sons. My pullets and hens tend to act very spirited from time to time. If they were young stags, they'd be much darker all over.

Here's a young gold duckwing stag at 3 months old, just substitute red for the gold:

[​IMG]

7. shelleyb1969

Quote:The one with the black in her feathers is what we (breeders) call "smutt" wheaten. She will throw some nice black breasted red sons. My pullets and hens tend to act very spirited from time to time. If they were young stags, they'd be much darker all over.

Here's a young gold duckwing stag at 3 months old, just substitute red for the gold:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k269/ja8edfyre/Chickens/Cubalaya/20090422_14.jpg

I see. Thanks so much for sharing the info. Don't you know someone who needs 3 PULLETS? [​IMG]

8. Cuban Longtails

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Another selling point could be they like to brood and make great mamas [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by