Black Breasted red cubalayan ROO

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by bangolure, Oct 27, 2010.

1. bangolure

bangolure Out Of The Brooder

Oct 27, 2010
    how much should a 6mth old ROO sell for, i have some breeds at six mths old and their rare and dont know how to price them!

2. punky rooster

punky rooster Awesome

Jul 21, 2010
    depends on quality

3. bangolure

bangolure Out Of The Brooder

Oct 27, 2010
    i understand!.. so can you give me an average ..above average and a high end?!

4. HaikuHeritageFarm

HaikuHeritageFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Anchorage, AK
    Quote:I think it also depends on whether or not there's a market for him. I'm selling a pretty decent 6 month old Heritage Delaware roo for dinner prices. $10 Even if he was the best roo in the world, I'm not sure I could sell him for much more than that!

I would base it entirely on who you're trying to sell to and whether or not the market will bare it. Some people sell total throw aways for ungodly amounts of moola, others sell really nice birds for $5 a pop.

If he's a hatchery bird, he's not really worth anymore than any other 6 month old cockerel unless someone specifically wants him.

So, to answer your low end/high end, I'd say $5 to $100.

5. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    This time of the year prices are down.
    Cubalayas if they are hatchery aren't going to bring much around here maybe $2.00 to $5.00 if they are well bred you might get $10.00 to $30.00

Chris

6. gallorojo

gallorojo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    Southfarthing
    I have sold 6 month roos for $12.00- 15.00. My birds are from quality, champion stock, but, I don't sell the best, I keep them!! Honestly, I find them a hard sell, most people have never heard of them, and don't want a chicken unless it either lays tons of eggs, makes 5 lbs of meat in 6 weeks, or is some sort of fluffy butt chicken. Sometimes, I will post adds and nobody ever responds, other times, they sell quick. We eat them unless I can get at least $12.00 for them, I have at least that much in feed in them. Most people who respond are looking for gamecocks, and when I explain they are not true game, they are not interested.

7. saladin

saladin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    the South
    I'm in totally agreement with what has been posted.

6 month Cubalaya Stag (hatchery stock: $10 or less)
    6 month Cubalaya Stag (quality show stock: $15 maybe $20)

That's for Black Reds. Now, if they are White or Black that is a WHOLE different story!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by