Black Breasted Red Malay Chicks

vthao12345

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 11, 2013
Does anyone herehave pictures of how black breasted malay chicks should look? i currently recieved my BBr malays from i deal but im not sure if they are. pleace post pictures of chicks or tell me how they should look.... should they have combs? or no combs? colrs? anything would help please.

Thanks gallorojo, do you know if Malays should have combs or not as chicks? All the ones I got have combs as chicks.

They should not have combs as chicks, just a flat patch of bare skin where the comb would typically be. If you look really close you can usually tell a rose comb from a pea comb from a single comb etc even as chicks, Malay ought to have cushion/strawberry combs which are usually smaller and smoother than the other comb types.

Thank you that's what I assumed. My Malays I got from ideal all have combs....

http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/Games/Malay/BRKMalay.html
Feathersite has pictures of the chicks. The bottom picture is wheaten chicks, they would start out solid yellow. The other chick picture disregard, you won't get ones like that from Ideal. If you need pics of the other color pattern of chicks you may get from ideal, google brown leghorn or welsummers chicks- chipmunk striped. Lots of breeds share the same color patterns. If you are trying to pick out Malays from a mixed batch of chicks, honestly it should be obvious fairly early based on the body structure alone. Look for the super leggy tall upright chicks, if it isn't obvious by a few weeks old ( or day one IMHO) by shape alone, you either don't have Malays, or you have pretty poor excuses for them. Now, if you have Thai or Shamo chicks as well, you could confuse them, as they have similar structure as small chicks. But if the only Asian game type thing you have are the Malay, picking them out should be easy,
What other breeds did you get??

Thanks a lot, I have a chick that looks like this

Idk if he could be a malay or not. The other black ones are dark aseels.

Back
Top Bottom