Black Cayuga duckling with furry legs?

JosaylnBrown

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 30, 2014
I don't have a picture just yet but I picked up a little black duckling today from my local feed store, & I am sure is a Black Cayuga duckling. It is solid black and does not stand like a runner. It does not have a bib like a black swede or anything like that. The only thing I am curious I am about is the fact that it has black fur that runs along its legs. Its not really on its feet, just along its legs where there should be no fur. Its only, I'd say, about 3-4 days old. TINY! my other two ducks, a blue swede and a pekin, do no like it at all so he is in a breeder with other little friends. When I will get home I will take and upload a picture of it and its furry legs... but with what I have described has anyone seen this? I thought it was adorable!

Finny

Songster
6 Years
Jan 5, 2014
I don't have a picture just yet but I picked up a little black duckling today from my local feed store, & I am sure is a Black Cayuga duckling. It is solid black and does not stand like a runner. It does not have a bib like a black swede or anything like that. The only thing I am curious I am about is the fact that it has black fur that runs along its legs. Its not really on its feet, just along its legs where there should be no fur. Its only, I'd say, about 3-4 days old. TINY! my other two ducks, a blue swede and a pekin, do no like it at all so he is in a breeder with other little friends. When I will get home I will take and upload a picture of it and its furry legs... but with what I have described has anyone seen this? I thought it was adorable!
That sounds like the cutest thing! I have never heard of ducks having furry legs, I have only heard of chicken breeds having furry legs. I look forward to some pics :)

JosaylnBrown

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 30, 2014
Finny -
I will post some when I get home from work! It was the cutest thing I had ever seen! I know the Silkie and other chicken breeds have furry legs but I had never heard of it in ducks! It honestly is why I decided to buy it! Too cute!
-Josalyn

JosaylnBrown

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 30, 2014
That sounds like the cutest thing! I have never heard of ducks having furry legs, I have only heard of chicken breeds having furry legs. I look forward to some pics :)

This of of the legs! Do you see the little tufts of fur?!

The best one I got of what the lil thing looks like!

I think were gonna call it either Hobbit or Frodo/Bilbo? Or I might just call em Furry Feet. I don't know yet!

Finny

Songster
6 Years
Jan 5, 2014

This of of the legs! Do you see the little tufts of fur?!

The best one I got of what the lil thing looks like!

I think were gonna call it either Hobbit or Frodo/Bilbo? Or I might just call em Furry Feet. I don't know yet!
How cute! If you can, please post pics as it grows. I would love to see what the little one's feet look like when they feather out :)

Finny

Songster
6 Years
Jan 5, 2014
Maybe its the start of a new breed?!? It would be interesting to see what would happen if you breed this duck with a normal cayuga.

JosaylnBrown

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 30, 2014
That would be interesting! I will try my best to keep photos posted! It sure is a cutie pie!!! & so so so sweet! It (because I don't know sex) likes to be held close and snuggles into the collar of my zip up sweater. Really stinking cute!

Top Bottom