Black Chick with Red Face— Free Surprise Chick lol

Croftfamily

Hatching
Apr 16, 2022
Hey! Got my first batch of chicks from McMurray and totally forgot about the free surprise chick haha! It’s black with a red face and I can’t really seem to identify it. I looked at a bunch of black chicks on McMurray and didn’t really find any that looked similar. It’s kinda bigger than the other ones. I still love it either way but I want to know what breed it is lol. Any guesses?
Attachment.jpeg

Hey! Got my first batch of chicks from McMurray and totally forgot about the free surprise chick haha! It’s black with a red face and I can’t really seem to identify it. I looked at a bunch of black chicks on McMurray and didn’t really find any that looked similar. It’s kinda bigger than the other ones. I still love it either way but I want to know what breed it is lol. Any guesses?View attachment 3527515
Most black feathered adults are all black or white bellied as chicks. The reddish face makes me think buff Brahma, partridge cochin, or partridge rock. Need more pics of whole chick to determine, or you could check out their chick videos (sounds like you looked there first) on those breeds.

Hey! Got my first batch of chicks from McMurray and totally forgot about the free surprise chick haha! It’s black with a red face and I can’t really seem to identify it. I looked at a bunch of black chicks on McMurray and didn’t really find any that looked similar. It’s kinda bigger than the other ones. I still love it either way but I want to know what breed it is lol. Any guesses?View attachment 3527515
Here’s some more pictures of it: IMG_4032.jpeg IMG_4031.jpeg
I thought it was the surprise chick but turns out it was an Ameracauna. I thought it was the surprise chick because it didn’t look like the rest of my Ameracaunas, and because my surprise chick was actually a Silver Polish that I just thought was a deformed Ancona XD. Here’s the Polish IMG_4045.jpeg IMG_4036.jpeg
Thanks for helping me figure it out!!

Back
Top Bottom