Black Cochin Large Fowl Rooster - 15 mo, experienced show bird

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by greenfamilyfarms, May 25, 2010.

1. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    So, we have been trying to find a suitable home for one of our Black Cockin roosters and one of his offspring. If there is anybody on BYC who would like to to get a great brood roo, show bird, or just a beautiful guy to prance around the yard, please let me know. Please do not bid - PM me.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Black Cochin Large Fowl (aka "Giant" or "Standard" size) Rooster, 15 months old. Purchased from Starr Cochins out of Georgia. Shown twice as a Cockerel and took Reserve Best of Show, Best Asiatic, Best of Breed, and Best of Variety. He has won me a couple of trophies and several blue ribbons at APA shows.Must sell to help pay for college expenses. Serious inquires only, please. I have several other pictures of him and his offspring via email or PM.

Also, 1 of his 7-month-old offspring I was keeping for a potential show bird for the Fall. Since he has not be "proven" as a breeder or in a show, he is offered for $5.

I will also consider selling a pullet each with these to sweeten the deal if necessary.

Neither one is is show condition currently. They have been on show "vacation" and have been on the ground behaving like chickens should.

Due to his large size and heavy feathering, no shipping is available for now. This auction is for pick-up only. If you are planning a vacation to the NC coast this summer, I will be willing to hold him for you until you can pick him up. We will also be traveling to Lexington, NC on June 4-5. Delivery may be possible in that area within a short driving distance. Please contact me about this option. Paypal in advance or cash/money order accepted upon pickup. Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (don't know why this is so tiny!)

Lots more pictures on our Photobucket album - http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff182/greenfamilyfarms/Black Cochins/

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  2. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Songster

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I've always coveted that boy!!! I would love to have him soooo badly but I'm not headed to NC anytime soon [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: