Black Combs

murfmagic

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 18, 2013
Kemptville, Ontario
Just since the snow has started and I have changed the water feeder to nipples instead of free drinking I have noticed that my two BO roos have started to show black on the tips of their combs.I thought at first it might be frost bite, but none of the other birds seem affected and after reading some of the posts I think they might not be getting enough to drink with the nipples and they could be dehydrated. I have started to put the water back down so they can get a good mouth full, but one is now limping and I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions please.

It's been -20C with the wind chill, but they usually stay in the coop at that temp. I open the door and give them the choice to go out or stay in. The other birds seem fine. Last night I doctored both by roe's and checked their feet to see if something was causing the limp and I couldn't find anything, so today I am going to watch and hopefully things will improve.

I did last night, but not on the feet…good idea, I try it tonight. Today when I checked in on them, Boomer, the one that was limping, seemed a little better today. I think he might of hurt it when he flies down of the perches. He could have landed wrong. I'll keep watching to see if it improves.

Back
Top Bottom