Black Copper Cockerel, 10+ weeks, Kansas, will ship- band #4

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ChooksChick, Jul 3, 2011.

1. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    This is a lovely boy who needs a forever home. He has proper light feathering down the shaft of the leg, with a bit of fluff on the outside toe. He is a little light on the red in the upper breast, and it isn't extending deep into the breast. His coppering is very red, but not too dark, certainly not golden, and he appears to have the best command of the girls they're growing out with already!

Sorry about the cruddy pics- I'll add more to his photobucket album if he lets me...camera-shy!

http://s1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa454/MtOread/Black Copper Cockerels/Cockerel Band 4/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will ship for shipping & box, or pick up in NE Kansas.

I will not ship to an area in heat if the buyer is more than an hour from their nearest major airport, as that will make the Postal hub far enough that the truck trip will be difficult. I will ship with a cold pack, but they don't last long. We can wait for better temps for a maintenance fee.

These birds are from several of the top lines, which have been mixed over the last 3 years toward the proposed standard. Their eggs begin at a 7 or 8 and average a 5 or 6 in sustained laying. These are fast-growing, very robust birds, and I also focus on personality- you'll appreciate the friendliness.

If you look at my past auctions you'll see folks have been happy with chicks hatched from my eggs as well as the eggs' coloring.

There are 3 other cockerels on auction from this flock, in case you want to look.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by