Black Copper Maran & Ameracanas CHEAP to FREE

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chayton, Jan 1, 2010.

1. chayton

chayton Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2009
    Weatherford, TX
    I have too many chickens. I incubated 12 BCM and 12 Ameracanas on November 23rd I ended up with 10 BCM's and 11 Ameracanas.
    I need to reduce my flock. I am new to chickens but and I'm not sure how many roosters I have but I think I can id 4 or 5 BCM and I dont know about the Ameracanas. Bottom line is I want to get rid of all but 1 BCM rooster and all Ameracana roosters. Then reduce the remaining number to 10 total pullets. I want to keep all the BCM pullets and give away the remaining Ameracanas. Contact me if you might be interested. I live 20 miles west of Ft Worth. pick up only I will not ship [email protected]

2. happytxchick

happytxchick Egg Song Acre

Jul 8, 2009
    Sulphur Springs, TX
    Can you post pictures of your chicks & the parent flock, please?

Did you buy your parent flock as chicks or full-grown?

Where did you parent flock originate from?

What color eggs did the Ameraucanas hatch from?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  3. alicefelldown

alicefelldown Looking for a broody

Aug 18, 2008
    Are either of your breeds pure or mixed?

4. chayton

chayton Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2009
    Weatherford, TX
    These are all pure breed chickens. Purchased all the eggs from individual in McLeansboro, IL.
    The BCM are French Wade Jeane line. started with 12 eggs and hatched 10mof the 12. all eggs were chocolate brown
    The Ameracanas came from same individual and the egg colors were blue. The seller bred to the American Poultry Association standards. Here is a statement from the seller of the eggs: "We have 2 black roos and 8 hens. Our hens are blacks and blues. The ladies have large muffs and beards and all have the slate gray/blue legs. True Ameraucanas have muffs and beards, pea combs and no wattles."

I researched as much as I could before buying eggs to hatch, I wanted to make sure I started my flock right. I wanted quality birds and I think I have a great start, just too many

5. cwhollars

cwhollars Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2009
    Carthage
    Hello i have been looking for ameracans chicks for a while now if you will ship to indiana i would love to have them. I dont raise the marans but a friend of mine does and if you want i can find them a good home. thanks clint

6. cottagegarden

cottagegarden Eggistentialist

Oct 2, 2008
    SE PA
    Chayton-first of all congrats on a fantastic hatch rate-that is impressive. You should be able to see some diff in the Marans now, the cockerels will have larger, pinker combs and be slower to feather.
    The Ameraucanas are tough to sex. You might want to keep them as long as you can to be sure you get what you wanted. The pullets will have thinner, smaller combs
    but at this age is is pretty hard. You shouldnt have any problems selling them Point to Lay in a few weeks when you deff know who is a boy and who is a girl.

7. hottexaschick

hottexaschick Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2008
    Collin County, Texas
    I am interested in a few Ameracana pullets. I live in the Plano/McKinney area. [​IMG]

8. little_grey_bantam

little_grey_bantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Russell County
    Hey there, sorry, too tired to read all the replies, but I was interested in your Black Copper Marans (BCM).
    Was wondering if they were purebred?

My BF will be heading down to Fort Worth in a couple weeks and can pick them up (we live up near Hays, KS) lol
    What price were you wanting? They will just be hanging out with our other birds!

Thanks!
    Feel free to email me!
    [email protected]

9. happytxchick

happytxchick Egg Song Acre

Jul 8, 2009
    Sulphur Springs, TX
    I emailed you about three days ago, but I've not gotten a reply. I will p/u about 1/2 of the Ameraucanas that you have if you'll let me know when, please.

I didn't know if you'd check here or your email first.

Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by