Black copper Maran hatching eggs...7+

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Country Living Farm, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Country Living Farm

Country Living Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Florida
    If anyone is interestd before they go in the bator, I have 7+ BCM hatching eggs up for grabs. They are about a 5 on the scale. I have 5 hens with two rooster in one penb (booted) and in another pen I have 3 hens with one rooster (non booted) Most of the eggs you will get are booted. These were colleced from this past Sunday-Tues. I would love to ship out today so I put a very fair price. Someone was going to come by the house (local person) and pick them up but did nto show.

The eggs in the picture are just to give you an idea. they are not the ones you are getting.
    Shipping isset at 12.95

If someone gets them and I receive payment prior to say 4pm (florida time) I will ship today! otherwise first thing Thursday morning.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. little_grey_bantam

little_grey_bantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Russell County
    Post lines they are from.

Keep in mind, shipping them out certain days risks having them stuck at the post office O.O
    They say 2-3 day shipping, so as long as they reach their destination by Saturday, they won't have to hang out at the PO over the weekend [​IMG]
    Just to help you out lol it's something I freak out over.

3. Country Living Farm

Apr 18, 2009
    Florida
    When I got the chicks, they were hatched from #7 eggs. The breeder told me they came from the Davis and Wade Jean lines. Hope this helps.

I have shipped on Friday and Saturday and the eggs still arrive on the Monday/Tuesday. I started reading up on it and the trucks always run so even though it is a Sunday, the eggs are still on there way to the next post office.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2010
  4. little_grey_bantam

little_grey_bantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Russell County
    Quote:Really, please tell me more? IF that is the case, then I can ship out my eggs Thursday and possibly Friday!!! So they're not at a post office or anything? We had a bad experience with shipping Thursday and our chicks ended up sitting at a post office [​IMG] I would think eggs wouldn't sit very well either!!! Can you please tell me more??? THANKS!! [​IMG]

5. tinlyn

tinlyn New Egg

Aug 22, 2009
    My last batch came on January 2 but I was watching the package move on January 1 through tracking. Hope this helps.

6. Country Living Farm

Apr 18, 2009
    Florida
    Quote:Really, please tell me more? IF that is the case, then I can ship out my eggs Thursday and possibly Friday!!! So they're not at a post office or anything? We had a bad experience with shipping Thursday and our chicks ended up sitting at a post office [​IMG] I would think eggs wouldn't sit very well either!!! Can you please tell me more??? THANKS!! [​IMG]

Even thought the Post Office is closed, the big trucks are still on the road. If you take trips think how many times yu see a tractor trailer for the post office on a Sunday and traveling at night. If I ship on a Thursday, My boxes are at the post office before 11:00ish. That way, they are out of my post office on a truck to the next plant and so on. I hve done several test and never had a problem.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by