1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Black Copper Maran rooster eye problem

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by puppies9099, Jan 17, 2015.

1. puppies9099

puppies9099 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2013
    Classified
    Hi i have a black copper maran rooster named Copper just a few days ago in one of his eyes it looked like the white part of the eye was stuck to his eyelid it wasn't coming out but i am really worried he is the nicest rooster we have ever had i try to be as natural as possible and i don't want any meds or antibiotics i am using a solution of raw honey, salt, and colloidal silver water it worked for my cat so it might work for him . i will send a picture soon thanks

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
  3. puppies9099

puppies9099 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2013
    Classified
    thank you so much this helps but its not what he has and today miraculasly the white part was gone and he looked fine but still not 100% yet i will continue to use the solution and see is it will work thanks and i hope this helps other peoples chickens too

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by