QuailHollow

Songster
11 Years
Jul 11, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
Sport.jpg

Sport2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!! What an awesome friend. I need better chicken friends. Maybe its a Wheaten. Wheaten can be a recessive to Black Copper. I think the general concensious is the Wade Jeane can throw Wheatens. If its a "sport" its a color variety that can crop up from recessive genes recognized variety or variation thereof.

Given these are from RV, I wouldn't necessarily attribute the potential wheaten from Wade's line. I have not seen WJ birds without feathered shanks. Who knows what the breeding is on those birds.....

I think they are cute and good luck with them!

Edited to add: I've heard that too, and I know where that piece of info started, and I am not convinced......

Last edited:
Quote:
Have you hatched out Wade Jeane chicks, Doc? I have yet to hear of one person who has hatched his birds that are clean legged or a wheaten directly. I would like to hear from folks who know for sure their birds are from Wade Jeane and for sure have thrown wheatens from a BCM hatch. If folks haven't experienced this directly, it seems like a rumor, and not a very nice one. Not trying to pick an argument, but this is part of why there is a divide in the Marans community. I think it is unfair to repeat hearsay without direct knowledge. JMHO.
big_smile.png
\\

Sorry to hijack your thread Quailhollow. I just think it is important to keep sweeping statements clarified and put into perspective. They are opinions only, unless the one making the statement has experienced something, anything first hand. I am going to post this topic over on the Marans thread.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom