Black Copper Marans Alabama

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickenhawk59, Dec 4, 2008.

1. chickenhawk59

chickenhawk59 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2008
    Opelika Alabama
    I have a few roosters that i would like to sell or trade if anybody interested. These are just 4 months old i raised them from chicks that i bought from jesse from Franklin ga. I bought 10 they turned out 5 roosters 5 hens, so i have too many roosters. I really hate to get rid of them just have too many. There big pretty roosters all of them.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Nice those are very pretty if I weren't trying to get rid of BLue and Black Copper Marans roosters of my own and I wasn't so far away and I could have a rooster I would get one [​IMG] They are beautiful !

3. rnau

rnau Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2008
    Piedmont Al
    What is your price for the roosters.

4. chickenhawk59

Mar 12, 2008
    Opelika Alabama
    Just make me an offer im not trying to make much on these. If somebody had to travel far i would take that into consideration.

5. chickenhawk59

Mar 12, 2008
    Opelika Alabama
    I would also trade for a young hen thats laying.

6. rnau

Dec 4, 2008
    Piedmont Al
    I don't have any BC hens to trade. I only have 3 pullets and would like to have rooster from a different flock. I have Jean C-1 line. What line do you have.

7. chickenhawk59

Mar 12, 2008
    Opelika Alabama
    I dont know which line sorry. But i would trade for any brown egg laying hen it doesn't have to be black copper.

8. rnau

Dec 4, 2008
    Piedmont Al
    I have some Blue Jersey pullets apx 4mos. If you will email your phone # I will call to get directions and a time.

9. Promiselandfarm

Promiselandfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

can you explain the Jeane C-1 line meaning?

10. drom

drom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    California
    Quote:The way it has been explained to me is that Wade Jeane had two different BC blood lines that he kept separate. The C1 line is one of those lines. It is my understanding that the Jessie's birds are from that C1 line. So, rnau's pullets are from the same Wade Jeane line through Jessie's birds as chickenhawk59's roosters.
    If you are interested in line breeding Black Copper Marans, as most people are, then this would be a good match. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by