Black copper marans around Mass, Vt, or NY?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by cjh0907, Feb 22, 2012.

1. cjh0907

cjh0907 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 5, 2011
    Western Mass
    I recently set a batch of BCM eggs that i purchased and only had one chick hatch out. I am looking for chicks. I would prefer it to be within driving distance since i am a recent college graduate who cannot pay for shipping. If there is anyone out there with any information please let me know.

2. heath_elisha

heath_elisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2011
    Massachusetts
    [​IMG] Sorry to hear of your hatching problem, that one chick must be lonely! I'm in western mass too and looking for a couple marans to add to my flock as well. Have you tried craigslist.com ? Sometimes you can find them- usually older birds though. I'll be watching this thread to see if you get any answers. [​IMG]

3. heath_elisha

Oct 19, 2011
    Massachusetts
    I think I might have stumbled across some french copper marans in our area. My "egg hatching" guy used to breed them and sold them to someone local in my area a while back. I emailed him a few days ago checking to see if he was still hatching eggs- then came across him as a member on here and learned that he had marans! I will let you know if I can get any information from him [​IMG]

4. heath_elisha

Oct 19, 2011
    Massachusetts
    And just as soon as I submitted my last post I received an email from a local farm called Shinglebrook Farm, located in Shelburne MA. She said that she has Black Copper Marans, Speckled Sussex and Anconas. She said she would have hatching eggs in another month or so and chicks in about two months. [​IMG] Below is her contact information if you would be interested.

Beth - Shinglebrook Farm
    69 Taylor Brook Rd
    Shelburne MA 01370

413-625-9967

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by