Black Copper Marans (B or G)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Caddy-Corner-Chick, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Caddy-Corner-Chick

Caddy-Corner-Chick Songster

Jan 21, 2011
    Hernando, FL
    I posted this picture up when I first got it [​IMG]. It was suppose to be a rooster, and well I am getting the girl vibe on this one Which is fine, because one of my suppose to be girls is a boy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Okay and then for comparison this one is younger but obvious a roo
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  2. Sparklee

Sparklee Songster

Jul 28, 2008
    If she were mine, I'd certainly be counting her as a girl and would be shocked if her comb suddenly got bigger because I've not had that happen with my Black Copper females. But chickens are full of surprises, aren't they.

She's looks like a real sweetie.

3. Caddy-Corner-Chick

Caddy-Corner-Chick Songster

Jan 21, 2011
    Hernando, FL
    Actually compared to my other breeds I find the Marans to be very shy. My Barred rocks will come right over , and just up on things near me, my BO's are right in the middle.

The awesome thing was about my Marans Is I bought them as Sexed Chicks and out of the 4 pullets I bought 2 were roosters and the other two are pullets... So I called who I bought them from and she is going to let me trade them out.

Yay!!

My other one that looks like a pullet has a ton of copper in it's coloring but looks just like that one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: