Black Copper Marans Chick is HYSTERICALLY FUNNY!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by MaesMom, Nov 20, 2014.

1. MaesMom

MaesMom Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2014
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    What was I thinking hatching a clutch out this close to cold weather? Even in AZ we are extra cool, early this year. None the less, these lil guys will be spending their chickhood in the house with us! However, this lil Copper Black Marans has been the highlight of the evening entertainment. I made a brooder, out of an extra large tote and even put a plexiglass window in. Built a lil playground for our youngsters, but his lil guy...is not on a Momma's boy but has to be a Cockerel if we've ever been able to "predict" by attitude or actions. Stays at the window watches me through out the day. If he can't see me he sqwaks ear pierecing until I come over to let him know I'm back. Sqwaks when he gets cold. Night before last, I literally had to get him out put him under the blanket I was snuggling under and he was out, after attacking my earrings and snuggling up in my hair. Today, I made him a "house" (for extra warmth) from a Christmas box from WalMart. It really looks like a house. I caught him "napping" in it earlier, so he much like. He's always looking at what we are guessing "his junk", hoping to get photos of that. Just wanted to know, if anybody else out there have any funny stories like this. He's our 8th chick we've hatched. And our second Roo...if he's not a Lil Roo-our whole household is wrong.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by