Black Copper Marans Chicks - $8 each - to ship Monday - MS/LA border

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ruth, Nov 6, 2009.

1. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    I have about 18 Black Copper Marans chicks that have either just hatched (Fri. afternoon) and/or will be completed hatching on Saturday. I normally sell them for $10 each, with a dozen minimum and $25 toward Express Shipping. I thought I had this batch sold but the person failed to pay. So I'm offering them at $8 each with a minimum of six.

These are from my first-line - Wade Jeane - Black Copper Marans birds. Some of these birds formerly belonged to Wade or Kelvin Jeane personally. These chicks are from Jesse Bryant's flock. All are feathered leg. Most have orange eyes. All lay dark eggs.

One of the "first-line" roos. These chicks (for sale) hatched from eggs from my first-line of BCMs:

[​IMG]

Offspring of the first-line that I've raised. Chicks should look like these when grown.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Average egg color:

[​IMG]

I always put wet crumbles and cucumber wedges in the box when I ship and have never had a loss of a chick in shipping.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  2. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    I'm also not sure how the new auction/buy it now works. I have at least 18 chicks at $8 each so if someone chooses the "buy-it-now" does that close the sale automatically and prevent anyone else from posting? I don't see an item quantity listing or a place to choose how many you want to buy. So, you may just have to send me a PM.

Plus I must have pasted the wrong code into the image link box so it doesn't work - but I've put the image in the description.

So much to learn about this new system.

3. Joyryder

Joyryder Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    Scandia, PA
    Can you sex the chicks?

4. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    Do you ever ship hatching eggs? I love the Copper Marans the best.
    Oh, never mind, I just visited your website. I'm moving in with you! lol
    I am also going to put together another pen and contact you regarding eggs for spring. [​IMG]
    What beautiful birds you have!

5. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    I'm afraid these just sold - or at least I'm waiting on PayPal payment.

But....no they can't be sexed as day olds and yes, I sell hatching eggs. Normally $70 per dozen for eggs from my first-line BCMs - which includes shipping. But I can make a Winter Special of $60 per dozen for anyone interested.

6. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Well....the person who PMd about buying all 18 must have signed off before they got my reply accepting so they may still be available. I'm about to turn in for the night so we'll see. Whoever posts "sold" and pays first gets them. PayPal is [email protected].

Thanks

Monique "Ruth"

7. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Quote:Good - how soon can you get here - lots and lots of work to be done - bring friends and family. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by