Black Copper Marans Chicks for pick up - MS/LA border

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ruth, Jan 24, 2009.

1. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    My flock of Black Copper Marans, feather legged variety, C1 Wade Jeane lines from Black Copper King (Jesse Bryant) have been laying and I now have chicks for sale - $15 each - pick up only.

I have 8 chicks right now with a dozen a week hatching so I will only be able to fill small orders. Post here if you are interested.

Here's a baby BCM a few days old:

[​IMG]

A few of the others:

[​IMG]

The eggs they came from:

[​IMG]

And the proud mamas and daddys:

[​IMG]

I'm located in Woodville, MS on the MS/LA border. 35 miles south of Natchez, MS and 25 miles north of St. Francisville, LA on Hwy 61.

I'm sorry but I won't ship chicks - it's just too cold and even if weather was perfect I can't bring myself to tape live chicks in a box for three days.

2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    beautiful looking at these makes me want to bum another Marans of Will tomorrow when I get my Ameraucana. These birds have super powers [​IMG]

3. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:Do it, and get me one too [​IMG]

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Selling any eggs?

5. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    Them very nice looking eggs, chicks and birds. If you werent so far away and I wasnt laid off, I'ld be at your front door. .......

6. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont

Hey maybe I can bum like 5 off of him [​IMG] he is pretty generous with me but I better not ware out my welcome

7. cottagegarden

cottagegarden Eggistentialist

Oct 2, 2008
    SE PA

Hey maybe I can bum like 5 off of him [​IMG] he is pretty generous with me but I better not ware out my welcome

She just needs one..Sara just needs one lil girl for Henry the Rooster, certainly you can just stuff one in your backpack. (not that I am suggesting or condoning theft in any way, shape, or means esp by minors)

8. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Hey maybe I can bum like 5 off of him [​IMG] he is pretty generous with me but I better not ware out my welcome

She just needs one..Sara just needs one lil girl for Henry the Rooster, certainly you can just stuff one in your backpack. (not that I am suggesting or condoning theft in any way, shape, or means esp by minors)

Oh I will get him a girl for sure now. Do you think she would prefer blue or black and with or without coppering? I am going to do this [​IMG] If she doesn't have to have coppering it would be easier if he has any like that not sure he does though.

Thanks,
    Henry

9. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Ruth I wish I were closer and had more room I would love to cross your birds with my wade jeane pullets and see what happens:)

10. cottagegarden

cottagegarden Eggistentialist

Oct 2, 2008
    SE PA
    Quote:She just needs one..Sara just needs one lil girl for Henry the Rooster, certainly you can just stuff one in your backpack. (not that I am suggesting or condoning theft in any way, shape, or means esp by minors)

Oh I will get him a girl for sure now. Do you think she would prefer blue or black and with or without coppering? I am going to do this [​IMG] If she doesn't have to have coppering it would be easier if he has any like that not sure he does though.

Thanks,
    Henry

Henry...go to bed!! and I dont think anyone should look a gift maran in the mouth so I am sure Sara would be happy with whatever Will could part with. although...uh..a black copper and a blue copper would be awesome. You know, if only he was scaling down b/c there's a buy one get one free special on Copper Marans at Whitmore this week or something like that. This is a lovely picture of the Marans Ruth has. Amazing how you learn geography pretty quickly if it involves chickens you want.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by