Black Copper Marans Chicks :)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mochicken, Nov 1, 2011.

1. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    I drove an hour and 20 minutes today to pick up these three beauties, we have wanted to try some Marans for a while and the person selling them ( Thanks Susie, a BYC Member ) had her broody hen hatch them for me even though she was done hatching chicks for the year. Susie raises Wade Jean C-1 lines with French standard feathered shanks

Thanks Susie from Kansas, wish I knew your screen name to give you feedback. I will be sure to update you with pictures of these beautiful babies as they grow, your birds are AMAZING and I cant wait to see how they turn out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Beautiful babies!

3. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    Awww I love BCMs... I want more... only I stopped hatching for the year to. Maybe a dozen more eggs in the bator wouldn't hurt.

Chicken math kills again

4. bobbieschicks

bobbieschicks Chicken Tender

Jun 24, 2011
    King George, VA
    My Coop
    gorgeous! I so want some Marans next year.

5. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    Yeah I have wanted some since I saw my first BC Marans rooster, STUNNING colors.

When I found out how hard they are to find in my area it made me want them even more lol

Next spring I think I will get some lavender ameraucana as well, the person I got these from had some and they were AMAZINGLY beautiful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by