1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Black Copper Marans~~clean-legged~~2 pair available

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by shelleyd2008, Nov 22, 2011.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    2 pairs available, take one or double your bid for both. Shipping is based on your zip code plus $20 for the boxes ($40 for boxes if taking both pairs). These birds are very big and I can only put 1 bird per box in the single N.E.S.T. boxes. If you would like, you can purchase one big box, like the 4-stall shippers sold by Horizon and have it shipped to me.

One pair are adults, about 20 months old. The rooster is a bit 'hen-pecked' on his neck, the girls really like him [​IMG] He is a very big, but very sweet, boy!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The other pair are 'teens' from this year, about 5-6 months old. Female has not yet started to lay.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Taken today, 11-24)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Obviously, I don't know exactly what kind of egg the adult hen lays, but I'm sure it is some of these. These are also the shells that the younger pair (plus a few others not listed on auction) hatched from.
    [​IMG]

Here's another pic of some eggs laid by my Marans early this year (I have 3 hens).
    [​IMG]

Again, shipping is based on your zip plus $20 (per pair) for the boxes. I can ship all 4 together by taping the boxes to each other. Pick-up is available.

Winning bidder has option of buying one or both pairs. If winning bidder chooses to pass on the second pair, it will be offered to second-highest bidder at winning bid price.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Updated first post with new pics of the pullet. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by