1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Black Copper Marans eggs ETA: Sold

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Oblio13, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oblio13

Oblio13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Anyone interested in a dozen BC Marans eggs? I can priority mail them in the morning. $60 plus $11 shipping via Paypal. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  2. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Hey Brad,
    If you mention whose lines you have it would probably move these quick [​IMG]

3. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

Pics of the chickens and eggs?

4. Oblio13

Jan 26, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Quote:I'd feel weird advertising with someone else's name. How are yours doing?

Quote:[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. 4kidZ

4kidZ Fluffy Butt Farmer

Brad,

Just so you know, most people want to know where their eggs come from. It is how to keep the genetics clear as we try to maintain dark egg color and strive for apa approved birds. It's not a "bad" thing to tell people where your line is from.
    Also, is the pic of the egg you posted accurate ... or kind of flashed out?

Thanks!

6. Oblio13

Jan 26, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Valid point. They're from Bev Davis.

The egg is kind of flashed out, it's difficult to get an accurate pic. And I don't like to post the best ones anyway. I'd rather have people be pleasantly surprised than unpleasantly surprised.

Here are the two eggs I got this afternoon, they're my Wheaten's first. I'm pretty happy with the color, and the tones in the pic are accurate, especially with my hand for comparison. The BC's tend to be about the same:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  7. 4kidZ

4kidZ Fluffy Butt Farmer

Yeah...I agree on posting the darkest egg!

Maybe you could use this chart to let people know about what shade they average. Just remember, if they lay dark, they WILL lay dark again. They always lighten through each cycle and then get dark again the beginning of the next cycle.

[​IMG]

good luck!
    PS~love your roo [​IMG]

8. 4kidZ

4kidZ Fluffy Butt Farmer

Quote:Ooooh--wanna sell some wheatens??!! Those are great! But, I'm partial to the speckled!

9. AK_Button_Mama

AK_Button_Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    how much for the dog? just kidding he or she is pretty!!! all you people looking at chickens and that POOR dog just wants some one to recognize her!!!!![​IMG]

BTW I think that dog thinks its a chicken.... maybe those are black copper mutt eggs.... get it BCM-mutt!!! dogg!!! hhhhaaaaa I am funny!!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  10. 4kidZ

4kidZ Fluffy Butt Farmer

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by