Black Copper Marans Eggs for sale MS/LA border - New Offer Pg 6

Did you see another rooster get in with the hens or do you just think one did? I'm just concerned that the lines would be diluted. I know you lowered your prices to reflect this possibility but am just concerned about this.

I would suggest that you advertise/post them as BCM mixes not purebreds even though you did discuss this as a potential.

It was so hard for this breed to get available, I am concerned about a less than pure BCM.

I so appreciate your warning folks about this in the posting.

Best regards and Thanks.

Last edited:
If you do get a cross, wouldn't the hens you get lay lighter colered eggs? When they feather out be off color? Then you whouldn't breed that hen or rooster or soup pot them, though they whould end up being pets around here
bun.gif

Quote:
Hi Bargain - thanks for your concern. I've closed my offer.

My BCMs are pure lines - in fact very pure French lines. However, they have been free ranging with the rest of my flock since they hatched. Once they started laying I built a breeder pen and separated them. I've put three full trays of their first eggs in my Sportsman to test fertility. All but 2 were fertile. So I know the eggs are fertile.

I do not know if the trays of eggs are pure BCM but I'm hatching them for myself and they won't be used for breeding purposes. They start hatching the 21st and then a tray a week after that.

I do know that one roo had all 8 or at least 6 of the BCM females off to himself all day but prior to putting them in the breeder pen on Jan. 1st, they did all free range and the possibility that there may be some mixes is mostly in my own eggs in bator. However, because I've read that roo goo can last up to 4 weeks I offered the eggs at a discount for anyone wanting to take a chance and test/try them out. By the time I start gathering eggs for sale next week, the hens will have been separated for three full weeks and again, they are hens that didn't really hang out with the rest of the flock in the first place.

It's only the first three orders of eggs that are really taking any chance whatsoever - the rest of the "list" are getting a real bargain. I didn't know so many other people would post or pay with PayPal during the night but I'm going to honor my offer.

If anyone wants out, please let me know and I will refund your money.

The List:

After going though the posts, the PMs, and the PayPal payments - here's "The List" and the order.

1. KellyHM
2. Buck Creek Chickens
3. Chickygirl2
4. BluRoo
5. Mom 2em All
6. Barnold
7. Chicken Licken

I should get a dozen eggs about every three days and will start shipping next week. I'll gather and include a few extra for Kelly and BuckCreek since they were the first to accept and are taking the biggest chance at getting a little mixed breed.

The rest of the list are getting a good deal and the birds will have been separate for a month by the time your eggs are laid so they should all be pure.

Thanks all and keep me posted on how they do. I'm really enjoying the beautiful eggs. Some are very dark and solid, some are dark with black speckles, some are spotted - just very interesting eggs.

Quote:
I think Ruth was pretty clear. I know my roos don't let other roos near their hens and my eggs are most likely pure(I don't care because they are for eating) but while they are free ranging ya never know. I haven't heard of anyone having it take more than 3 weeks for any "unwanted" fertilization to run out. I still think this is a great deal and those that got it were lucky
wink.png

Last edited:
Thank you very much!!
Please let me know an approx. date to ship- ballpark, so I can make sure I have a full incubator for that hatch...easier to keep temps right, and and and fill my hatching addiction.
smile.png

Quote:
Its cold like that here, too- but the temps are supposed to go up next week. Anything above freezing will be a blessing. Coming from MS, I figured most of the way will be warmer...except for the last couple states.
I will call the post office to pick them up from there once they arrive, then I will hope for the best.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom