Black Copper Marans for sale on Baltimore craigslist

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Wanda, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Wanda

Wanda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    Pennsylvania
  2. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Yeah, he's also selling them on eggbid

3. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    I wonder how many teeth I'd have to give [​IMG]

4. Wanda

Jan 7, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    He is asking (on eggbid) $500 for 1 rooster and 10 hens and has 2 sets to sell. I was going to contact him when I saw the ad on craigslist about buying 1 hen but didn't know what a fair price would be. If they don't sell on eggbid, I might try offering him $30 for 1 hen, a lot less then he is asking but maybe he will be at a point where he has to sell.

Wanda

5. mothergoose1963

mothergoose1963 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Midwest
    I wouldnt buy one bird from this guy! See that red one in the floclk??? He is trying to say that is a Black Copper! Please!!! Here is his quote! (This is from his Ebay auction)

Question & Answer Answered On

Q: I noticed that some of the hens are black and some red. Is that normal for black marans? Nov-26-08
    A: Yes it is normal. Some are black, some with copper shade around neck and some with copper shade all over the body. You can breed them for a particular shading on your own.
    Q: i saw on Eggbid that you have about 22Black Copper Marans birds up for sale. Do still want to sell them, And would be willing take a offer on them? Also how old are most of the birds, and is the color of the egg that you have showing is it at thier biging of thier laying cycle or from later in it? I'm very interested in the 11 birds the you have listed on eggbid.com. I lookforwared to hearing from you on this matter. Thank you for your time. Walt B. Deer Lodge,MT. Nov-26-08
    A: Hi Walt. i'm cancelling that auction and individually listing them all on eggbid tonight. There's too much demand and I want everyone a chance to get atleast one hen from me and a rooster from someone else if not me, so they can start their own flock. These hens are 5 months old and some are laying and some will start in a couple of weeks.

6. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Crazy...

7. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
  8. Wanda

Jan 7, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    As far as the red ones go, I thought they were probably the "Red Shaver Sexlinks" that he also has advertised. What other thread are they talking about him on?

9. mothergoose1963

mothergoose1963 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Midwest
    He actually said the red ones were Black Coppers. Read the Questions and Answers section on his Ebay page where he is selling his eggs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by