1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BLACK COPPER MARANS FORSALE!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Wheaties, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Wheaties

Wheaties Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2008
    Chattanooga, TN
    Hey Folks, For those of you looking for some Black Copper Marans, I am attaching the link below! I don't know much about the seller, but thought you could check it out if you were interested! Maybe this person has some eggs for sale too, but you will have to see if they have a waiting list, for those of you who are on a waiting list for Black Coppers and are not sure when you will hear from the breeder. I thought that there may be some on here who wanted to act now. Hope this is helpful!

http://www.eggbid.com/listings/details/index.cfm?itemnum=1228558000

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  2. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

I seriously considered it only because they are actual Bev Davis birds, her flock, as in the real McCoy...but what a price! And the shipping risk from FL to CA! Whew! But what a pleasure it would be, wouldnt it? My Oh My....
    I really dont have that kinda cash to drop on birds even ones I want lines from that bad! But if I were going to get to "make a wish" it would be to have such distinquished birds as hers....yours are from older french lines also, arent they? I think I was looking into getting on your list when I determine exactly what direction I am going...

Thanks for the pointer though, I always perk up at the Marans threads!

Tina/tfpets

(I give my eggs away or trade for the cost of shipping, they're just Cuckoo Marans, decent lines, about a 4 or 5 on the color scale)

3. Wheaties

Wheaties Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2008
    Chattanooga, TN
    Hey Tina,

Sorry for the short delay in getting back to you. I forgot my password and had a heck of a time getting logged back in. LOL!
    Anyway, I did not realize that the seller of the Black Coppers was actually Bev herself! I thought she only had a list to sale eggs? Oh well, who knows!
    To answer your question, my Black Copper Marans are Ron Presley's Cottage Hill Line. I also raise his Cottage Hill Line of Wheaten Marans too. To me, and I am partial, his birds are the best! You are welcome to stop by and check out my website sometime at www.backwoodspoultryfarm.com
    I know what you are talking about when you refer to having the money in this economy! I love my chickens though and am partial to Marans of course! Thank you for chatting with me! Please feel free to ask any more questions that you may have!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by