Black Copper Marans hatching eggs, feathered legs and good egg color.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Roosterfry, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Roosterfry

Roosterfry Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2010
    North Mississippi
    Black Copper Marans were originally a french breed that are new to the U.S. I've read that they were the preferred eggs to use by french Chefs and James Bond! They are known for their extremely dark egg color, darker than any other common breed. I do my best to breed according to the standards listed at MOAC or Marans Of America Club. I got my original stock from the show/dark egg laying lines. I have continued in my efforts to improve the breed by carefully selecting my breeding stock! Besides laying a very dark egg these birds are very attractive to the eyes. My Black Copper Marans have a green sheen on their feathers with bright copper colored flecks around the head of the hens and the roosters are robustly colored on their back and head with a black chest and under belly. Both hens and roosters of mine have heavily feathered legs which is considered to be the French Standard. On another note this breed is known to go broody on occasion and can sit their own eggs, I just used one of my hens to hatch out a clutch! These birds are also good at making it through the winter and I consider them to be a duel purpose breed and they do dress out nicely at about 4 months old. This breed is as well even tempered and not flighty. They are definitely one of my favorite breeds! Of course I can't guarantee they will hatch because I can't control how the eggs are handled in shipping but I promise they are fertile I have had up to 100 percent hatch rates when I incubate them. I assure you that i will do my very best at wrapping and packing the eggs.
    I have sold many eggs and chicks this year and have had only good reports and if you buy eggs from me I hope that you will be able to give me my first positive feed back on BYC!

2. Zanna

Zanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2010
    Jefferson, Oregon
    How many eggs is the auction for? Do you have pics of the parents? Which line did they originally come from?

Thank You!!!

3. Roosterfry

Nov 26, 2010
    North Mississippi
    6+ I have already made my culls and these eggs I'm selling will be ONLY from my best two hens that lay my darkest eggs. I got my first stock from a breeder who was part of the MOAC and I was told that the lines they started with was 99 percent wade jean lines, thank you for showing interest in my add [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This picture is of the eggs from my best two maran hens at the bottom and my ameraucana eggs at the top to show contrast.

4. rirbrahma

rirbrahma Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2011
    hawaii
    Do you ship to Hawaii?
    [​IMG]

5. Roosterfry

Nov 26, 2010
    North Mississippi
    Quote:Not at this time. I'm sorry [​IMG]

6. Roosterfry

Nov 26, 2010
    North Mississippi
    Well got 7 eggs ready to ship in the am. And before I ship I'm going to check one more time it's possible I could get one or two more. But I have at least 7 fresh ones now. If they don't sell soon they're going to the fridge [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by