Black Copper Marans - One-day auction! 12+ eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Wynette, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    My rooster DOES NOT have white ear lobes - when I poted this picture in the Marans section, another member asked if he had white lobes, and I said I would check, and get a close-up pic of his head...that was quite some time ago, I still haven't gotten a head shot, but he does not have white lobes - he did have a tiny smudge of white on his right lobe, but this is now gone. He is over 30 weeks old now, this pic doens't do him justice (I am not known for my picture taking abilities!). He is a very nice example of the breed, showing optimum color balance. His eye color & shank color are excellent. Length of back is very good. He could use a bit thicker shank feathering, but for me, that wasn't a deal breaker. He DOES have about 10% copper feathers in his chest - his father looked very much the same and now has a solid black chest, so my guess is this boy's chest will eventually be solid black as well. The father of this guy fathered more than one chicken that placed in the top 5 (several in the top 3) at the qualifying meet in February, so the genetics are most definitely there!

Egg color is very good - my avatar shows one of the nicest eggs I've gotten from my current flock. They typically run 6-7 on the Marans Egg Colour chart at the beginning of their cycles. They have now been laying since February, and I have a few gals that are 2 & 3 years old - all are still laying great, fertility is high with this young roo, and shipped egg hatches have been good.

This is a PayPal only auction; payment is due by noon on 8/24 - eggs will ship that same day.

Thanks for looking!

Here are a few more pics from the beginning of their lay cycle this year:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(I will inlcude a shell sample with the shipment from the early part of their laying cycle so that you can see a true sample of color at its best.)

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Wow, this is a busy area! Wynette if bidder before doesn't pay, please contact me on e mail. I will be milking goats, and farm chores early this morning. Also want to beg for an ice pack to send if possile. Will pay cost of course. Thanks for making these available for us! Nancy

3. bargain

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Ms. Tricer, you have been one of my loyal friends on BYC:) I really just wanted to get some new Rooster blood in my flocks to add yet another pen....So good luck as well. Nancy

4. bargain

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Congrats Ms. Ticer you won by one quarter!!!! But I'm so super happy for you....Now don't forget me when you have eggs for sale! Have a very pleasant and happy day!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by