Black Copper Marans ORIGINAL French Chickens For Sale!!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Black Copper King, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    I too am appalled at the ugliness of some of these posts. I've just returned from a week in NY and before leaving town Mr. Jesse called me and put me on his waiting list for a dozen baby MARANS chicks. We talked for a long time and he was a very nice guy despite the hazing he's taken on this site.

I see many, many posts in BST from people posting eggs or chicks for sale and I don't see all the ugly comments about the birds not being best in show and the eggs not being perfect color or criticizing their on-line name or spelling, punctuation, grammar - Who cares? Not I. I'm buying the MaranS for the same reason I've bought EEs and BSL and Orps - I like a diversity of breeds and egg color. Couldn't care less if the bird ever placed first or last in a show since I don't plan on putting them in any shows.

Since when is it a problem for a person to post on this site's BST and list their product and their price? Why aren't these same critics jumping on everyone's post and saying "not good enough or too expensive"? Really, why is this taking place? If I want to pay $100 or $1000 for 1 egg or 100 egss it's not anyone else's business. Personally I think there's something really wrong with killing a living thing because it's not the best of the best. Instead of killing off your "inferiors" how about sending them to my farm where they can live out their lives happy and content and free ranging with the rest of my barnyard mixes where being perfect just doesn't exist.

By the way, there would be more "perfect" birds and eggs available if all you "pefect" breeders weren't trying so hard for "perfect" that you kill off more than you sell.

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator

Jan 11, 2007
    NE Washington State
    I am closing this thread. I cannot believe how this thread turned out. Shame on so many of you!!

I see much rudeness disguised as inquiry. You know who you are.

This is not what BYC is about.
    If you cannot ask a legitimate question without attacking, please find a different forum to frequent.

If you want to have a breeds discussion take it off this thread and into the proper forum. If you want to buy this producct, do so. If you don't, close this thread. We will not tolerate the fighting going on here. Nor will my bird is better than your bird nor personal or professional attacks. To those of you who have had their posts edited here, go and look. I left some messages. I expect them to be followed. You are also going to be watched as to your behavior.

To the original poster, my apologies for not noticing these attacks soon enough to control it before it got out of hand.

If you would like to repost, please feel free and if you don't, I understand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: