Black Copper Marans ORIGINAL French Chickens For Sale!!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Black Copper King, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I think people start to worry when a new members only posts are for expensive rare breed chickens. With so many scams around these days, it pays to be cautious..no?

I'm glad to hear that some folks have experience with this seller... puts my mind more at ease. I'm definitely interested to learn more about his birds. I'd like to know who has good lines to offer here in the US.

So, is it live birds, chicks or hatching eggs for sale? I will be in the market for eggs this next spring for sure!

2. kevin2010

kevin2010 Songster

Mar 22, 2008
    tucker wv
    well its not like we were saying anything mean its just that it all seemed kinda strange

3. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Be friendly and courteous to all members at all times.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2008
  4. hcammack

hcammack Crowing

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    NOW I WANT SOME BLACK COPPER MARANS !!!!! [​IMG]

5. alabama girl

alabama girl Songster

Apr 5, 2008
    Auburn, Al
    Oh, no, even the info you so graciously have given is more than I was expecting. I just wanted to convey "HUMBLY" with a touch of "HUMOR" that WE SHOULD CARE FOR AND RESPECT OTHER"S FEELINGS. I remember your response to the doberman and the other dog seller, please don't hurt people...you are a DOC. Oh, and a lot of people on this forum are quite accomplihed academically and experience wise and some are quite tall too... so welcome to the group [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  6. amazondoc

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN

Questions are fine, but word them as questions not attacks

7. Oblio13

Oblio13 Songster

Jan 26, 2008
    New Hampshire

8. alabama girl

alabama girl Songster

Apr 5, 2008
    Auburn, Al
    ...I'm sorry, this is someone else's thread, if it were mine I'd continue. PLEASE BE POLITE ALWAYS!!!

9. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Mr. Jesse - I would love some Black Copper Marans - chicks or eggs - and I'm so sorry your first post on this site was attacked so horribly.

10. amazondoc

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Quote:Amazondoc - what you posted is definitely attacking and critical - not simply questioning.

Oh baloney. This is getting silly. I was pointing out obvious inconsistencies in his original post -- and I wasn't the only one to notice them, either.

Can't people have typos?

It wasn't a typo. If he had written "Maran" only once, I wouldn't have mentioned it. But he spelled it that way multiple times, not just once (of course, he has thankfully now gone back and edited the original post).

Were you going to even buy any Marans regardless of how he spelled it?

That's irrelevant, but actually I've been investigating Marans for awhile now with some interest in buying. I've pretty much decided against it, for now at least, but that may change in the future.

From what I can tell, you don't own a single chicken but you get on this forum and attack people, including me, with most of your posts. You seem to do nothing more than find a post where you can go on and on with your criticism.

Again, Ruth, baloney. I don't even know who you are -- and if you'll actually do a search on my user name here on byc, you'll see lots of perfectly friendly and/or helpful posts from me. Again, please don't jump to the erroneous conclusion that questions are the same things as criticisms or attacks.

Get yourself some chickens - might help to calm you down.

Exactly who is it that's doing the attacking here? [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: