Black Copper Marans? Who's got'em

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by gmc, Jan 18, 2008.

1. gmc

gmc Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2007
    Clay City, KY
    I have been very interested in the Maran breed lately and seriously thinking about adding this chocalate egg layer to the flock. My DW will kill me do doubt if more chickens show up on the ranch
    :thun
    but I am very interested in this chocalate egg layer. Does anyone have a picture to share of a Black Copper Maran? Or any Maran for that matter. Bad case of chicken obsession right now....
    [​IMG]

gmc

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

This is a picture of my young BC marans roo when he was about 14 weeks. He's a few weeks older now, but this is the most recent pix of him.
    [​IMG]

3. gmc

Nov 24, 2007
    Clay City, KY
    Well, that did it....awsome looking roo! I don't care as much for the barring on the Cuckoo.

Thanks for sharing.

O goodness, I need a bator.....

[​IMG]

gmc

4. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    I've got an egg in the bator for a BCM...lol. I bought a marans assorted pack from someone on eggbid. He had golden which is what I was looking for. I think I got 15 eggs total from him.

Julie [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Katy, he's gorgeous! What intense, deep colors he has! Julie, you must mean Jim Cox, right?

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I think he's pretty too! Both he and my cuckoos are very sweet roosters. I need to get the BC some hens to go with him.

7. gmc

Nov 24, 2007
    Clay City, KY
    Thanks Jab. Hope everything goes well with your hatch. I snooped around on eggbid and saved the link to the web site. I will need to find the "how to build a bator thread" that I was looking at the other day. Know I just got to make some kind of story for DW.

[​IMG]

gmc

8. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    I was looking on ebay at some BCM eggs. They were so dark and beautiful. the dozen eggs closed at like $120. I guess I'll never be able to get any of those. [​IMG]

9. gmc

Nov 24, 2007
    Clay City, KY
    [​IMG]

10. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Ya i cant get real marans cause they are ridiculous so i can make do with my hatchery ladies.

Henry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by