Black Copper Marans

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by Stokley, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Stokley

Stokley Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2013
    I am looking for 2 hens and a Roo. I'd like them to be 4 weeks to 1 year old so I can merge them into my flock more easily. Will pick up anywhere within 100 miles of Walterboro, SC.

2. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    Hey Stokley, are you planning to breed them---if so how are you planning to keep them bred true---if you merge them in with the rest of your flock??

I know someone in St Stephens that has some---not sure if any are for sell----should be a lot of them in that area on the SC chicken page of Face Book.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  3. Stokley

Mar 24, 2013
    Basically, I am looking to get the dark brown eggs. As far as breeding goes, with only the one Rooster any dark brown egg would have to come from a Maran hen, right? Any other eggs are eaten. I just sold my 5 old birds so I'm left with two Sex Links and two Auracanas and want to get some Marans.

I have been looking for a while now but can only find eggs and I don;t really want to go there yet.

Going to Kingstree would be fine, how do I contact this person?

Thanks

4. PD-Riverman

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    I will edit but I meant St Stephens. As you probably know You will not need a rooster to get dark eggs, unless he is the only rooster and you want to hatch only the dark brown eggs--but keep in mind some of the BCM hens do not lay Real dark Brown eggs---its according to the breeder(where you get them). I will ask her in the morning if she has any for sell and it will probably be Sunday before I can post the answer. I would think Diane Davy or Connie Jackson would have some of those(they are not to far from you)-----You do Face Book??

Do you know about the Chicken Auction every Saturday in the cades area---a few minutes from Kingstree? Opened a little over a month ago. BCM eggs last week, did not see and BCM adults in the last couple weeks but you never know. I am hatching some BCM eggs for the Lady in St Stephens that will be sold when hatched.

5. Stokley

Mar 24, 2013
    Yes, I face book and will look for Diane and Connie.
    Yes, the plan is to only hatch the Dark Brown eggs.
    Saint Stephen will be fine as well and it's closer.
    Thank you

6. PD-Riverman

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    I edited the above post---re-read it

7. PD-Riverman

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
  8. kimsmith

kimsmith Out Of The Brooder

Aug 1, 2012
    Have you found a Rooster and Hens, I have some 1 year olds that I'm selling.

9. kimsmith

kimsmith Out Of The Brooder

Aug 1, 2012
    I'm also NPIP certified so I can ship.

10. Stokley

Mar 24, 2013
    Thank you, but I have already found and purchased 14 three week olds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by