Black Copper Marans

RondZee

Chirping
Aug 5, 2019
S Georgia United States
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say that I just picked up our newest addition to the flock, 5 Copper Maran chicks, females. Been getting requests from a lot of people about their eggs. It'll be a while before they lay, but they will be sought after. Adorable looking, and already at just a few days we can see the pecking order with them...:barnie

In my new flock, I have one Black Copper Marans girl. She is very calm, not a trouble maker, and loves to hang around me when I'm sitting outside. Not even to speak of the beautiful chocolate eggs! I hope yours are as productive as mine. I wish I had gotten more than one!

Well... An update, looks as if all the Copper Maran chicks passed. Got them from a local breeder and they all had something I couldn't figure out. One by one died. They were eating and drinking well. Augmented their water with apple cider vinegar, properly dosed, but to no avail. :hit We are looking for more to add to the flock...

Man, that really stinks. Maybe if you get more you can get them a little older? Not as cute but they may be more stable, health wise.

Back
Top Bottom