Black Copper Marans

MuranoFarms

Crowing
12 Years
Nov 14, 2009
Boyers, Pa
I've been studying up on the Black Copper Marans....and this is probably a really stupid question BUT: why can't I find a direct link to the Wade Jeane line? I keep finding "my marans are from the Wade Jeane line" and quite frankly at some of these prices I'd rather go to the head honcho himself! This is the breed hubby has chosen and he is a 'only the best' type of guy so expense is not an issue. I just can't find any direct contact info.

Anybody know?

I was just looking at your site! Great job with the site and beautiful birds! Do you ship eggs also? I'm not so sure about shipping chicks to Pa this time of year.

Thanks.

Thank you so much for your kind words! Actually it really would be better to wait until spring. I can ship now but its getting ready to get really cold around here. We can ship with some hand warmers that are safe. Also im not sure how the birds will lay once this cold hits as well. If you are interested I could put you on a list for spring! I dont have anyone on it yet. Of course speak with your husband and just let me know what you think. Just incase you did not see them on the photo gallery I have a bunch more pics of the BCM.

God Bless,
Brandon

Hi, I have Wade Jean line BCM's directly from Jesse (Copper King of this board).

I went to Franklin GA to buy them. I was on a wait list for over a year for day old baby chicks and have never paid so much for a baby chick in my life. I was blessed to be able to get them then as he had just had a cancellation and I was lucky to be home for the call as he didn't speak to answering machines! I only regret that he didn't have even more to offer me. Mr. Jesse no longer sells any birds or eggs due to his health and has sold his flock forward Wade, the original owner of the Flock dispersed of ALL his birds because his coop was too close to the fence line and he was getting much flack from local government and surrounding neighbors and rather than move the coop, he literally got rid of all his birds and Mr. Jesse was at the right place at the right time.

I'm still shipping eggs and will continue to do so throughout the winter. Our winter rate is $35 for 6 eggs shipped and $60 for 12 eggs shipped.
There's a thread on BYC, which I firmly believe that speaks to the safety of shipping eggs in cooler weather....If you like, I can e mail that to you.

Our BCM's meet the French standards and are gorgeous, They are pumpkin eyed, well feathered and postured and just gorgeous.

They are first descendants of Jesse's line which originated from Wade Jean and Wade got them from France.

Here's a link for you of one of our listings:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=267344

Here are some of the babies:

8875_2marans.jpg

8875_babymarans.jpg

The going rate for baby chicks in our area is $12 to $14 depending on their age. When I do large hatches, they sell for $10 each if I'm hatching 20 or more.
All Black Copper Marans are not created equal and many breeders have done all kinds of mingling with other birds to force a darker egg . I have no problem with mixed breeds but in our support of purebred eggs, we will not mix one breed with another breed. The problem with doing this, is that there can be a lot of "mixed" socalled BCM's when persons don't disclose the baby chicks heritage or perhaps don't even know it...

I've had folks tell me that they have BCM's when I saw their birds, one was a Cuckoo and One was a BCM.

Our full time farm is committed to the continued heritage of this bird and all our other poultry. We are thrilled with their eggs and offspring....and feel so blessed to have them.

Please pm me if you have any questions. I hope this answered your questions and you've enjoyed this brief saga of the Wade Jean line.
Have a blessed day!

Last edited:
You do have to be careful where you get your birds from, there are quite a few lines out there. Some people will only show pics of their birds darkest eggs and they do get lighter as the laying cycle goes on. When we sell eggs we post the pics of the eggs we are sending out now not just the best they have ever layed. We have an auction going on ebay that ends this Sunday for Monday shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220518890571&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Steve in NC

Yes we payed $35 for 6 eggs we bought 12 and sold the 1/2 grown hens for $25! A piece!! We really made a profit. Kept a roster and bought another batch of eggs and kept the hens. But sadly the rooster fell in the horse water tank.
sad.png
Now we have to start all over.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom