Black Copper Marans

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by KathyJB, Oct 4, 2012.

1. KathyJB

KathyJB Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2012
    I just ordered two Black Copper Maran pullets and am UBER excited. I can't wait til the new babies get here. She said they are about 7 weeks old. I don't think there will be a problem with them being sick as she is a reputable breeder. EEEEEE, did I mention I am excited?
    I am thinking about getting an incubator and trying my hand at hatching eggs.

2. KathyJB

KathyJB Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2012
    came today. beautiful birds.

3. karlamaria

karlamaria Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    I got one by mistake this spring, man that chicken can lay! She lays the most beautiful chocolate egg, and everyday with just an occasional miss of a day. She is right up there with my rhode island reds, a huge egg and it's a beauty!
    I'm going to see if I can find some of these eggs this spring to set under my girls as I have fallen in love withe breed, oh and the pretty eggs. She is the smartest and most inquisitive of
    all my hens. If you can please post pictures!

4. Runawaylobster

Runawaylobster Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2012
    Redland/Homestead Fl
    I am getting some BCM eggs on Thursday, just setting up the incubator now. This is my first time incubating eggs as well, but I just had a horrible chick mailing experience and I just feel better about only shipping eggs....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by