1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Black Crested Polish Free in Asheville, NC

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Birdygirl, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Birdygirl

Birdygirl Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2007
    Need to find a home for a real sweety!
    She is 7 and a half weeks old and she was my free"rare" chick from MacMurray.
    None of the other chicks will accept her and keep picking at her beautiful white Top Hat.
    I prefer that she goes to a home with like chicks, any crested types...
    Brenda

2. ChickMomma

ChickMomma Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2007
    Brenda,
    Can you post a picture of her? I have 6 girls that are 10 weeks old but they are not polish! I have 4 Araucanas that are muffed (I think that is what it is called) and they do not peck each others muffs! I will be coming through Asheville on July 23. If you do not find a home for her before then I would love to have her.
    Susanne

3. Birdygirl

Birdygirl Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2007
    i will go back to my pic files and see if I can find a pic of her.. Right now her head feathers are a mess from the Blu-Kote..If you give me another day or two I will post a pic of her when her "hair is semi-normal".haha
    I never heard of a Muff Auracauna. I have 3 Auracanas and they have also been pickin on her her. So I am not sure if yours would pick on her too. Tough call, I guess.
    Brenda

4. ChickMomma

ChickMomma Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2007
    Brenda,
    I understand about the pictures. I dont know that they are truly muffed they just have a lot more fluffy feathers around their heads than my two golden comets do. I would probably keep her in a wire dog crate in my coup for a while so the other girls can get used to her before I leave her to fend for herself. That is what I did with the two groups that I have now. They were so used to each other that by the time I took the crate away I dont think they realized it was not there any more.
    Susanne

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by