Black D'uccle ? What?

shay20

Shay's Flock of Fun
11 Years
Jul 31, 2008
in the wild, Mass
Ok, my d'uccle just hatche dsome babys, tehy are seperated from all other birds except my red frizzle cochin bantam ( becouse i am working on a project of frizzled d'uccle) any way, 1 baby is all black and 1 is all black with yellow tips on teh wings.
How did this happen?
oh my colors are
3 milli fleur d'uccle hens
1 lavender d'uccle hen
1 porciline d'uccle hen

1 milli fleur d'uccle rooster
1 red frizzle cochin bantam

keesemom, i am getting so confused with these black chicks comeing out, geesh what a curve ball seeing these black d'uccles.

hmmm so acording to the chart, i got this
black unicolor
and i have this too
black patterned gold milli fleur
wow is that awsome or what, becouse i have not seen a black d'uccle.
big_smile.png

ok i looked it up, and yep there are black d'uccles, wow so cool, do you think this is a good thing?

Last edited:
Quote:
I know there are black D'anvers so maybe that is where the black d'uccle stems from? I know that of all the chicks I have been hatching lately, they are primarily black and I cant tell which is what anymore so I posted if someone can put up pics of white faced black spanish chicks so I can seperate them from the other black chicks. I also have splash d'anvers due to hatch over the weekend! I am excited to see what they look like and also some bantam dominiques!

You got black chicks from your lavender hen because neither of your boys is carrying lavender. Lavender is a recessive gene. You need two doses of lavender to get lavender. All offspring from your lavender hen are carrying one dose. Put a son and daughter togeather from that hen and you will get lavender offspring.

Actually, the cock might be carrying lavender; if you hatch any lavender babies you will know that he is. Also, the lavender is not mottled, so that is why the chicklets are not mottled.

2 chicks are black with yellow wing tips, those would be the black pattern gold milli fleur right? which would be from my milli roo to my porciline hen.

so far no pure lavenders have come out of them.

Back
Top Bottom