1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Black East Indie Duck Coop

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by BlueLagoonRabbitry, Mar 22, 2009.

1. BlueLagoonRabbitry

BlueLagoonRabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2009
    Western Iowa
    Im wanting to build a coop for my black east indies but i dont know how big to build it. It needs to fit 3-6 comfortably any ideas?

2. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    I have a 3 x 6 inside area for night time use for 3. Then they have a large outside pen with a pool for they daytime. I would think a 4 x 8 would be sufficient for you as long as they have somewhere for them to go outside during the day. Otherwise it should be bigger if they are going to be in it all the time. The more room the better, I always say.

3. BlueLagoonRabbitry

BlueLagoonRabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2009
    Western Iowa
    I think i will build some HUGE rabbit hutches with a wash tub built in the floor for a pool

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    If you want to keep the house dry and them healthy...keep their house and the pool a decent distance apart. If not the bedding will stay perpetually wet which as you know can lead to illness. Even though they are waterfowl they need a clean dry place to nest and sleep.

Good luck with the babies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by