Black Friday Shopping At Wal Mart

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by kuntrygirl, Nov 9, 2011.

1. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Is anyone preparing to do a little shopping at Wal Mart on Black Friday? If so, what's on your list to buy? What time are you getting up to go and stand in line?

Any Black Friday horror stories from past years? [​IMG]

2. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Lat year we went to Game Stop at midnight for something and Wal-Mart is across the street. We decided to pop in there for a just a lookee lookee. It was funny watching all the madness. We weren't buying anything so is was no stress for us.

We were going to test humanity though by just getting some toilet paper and see if any of the people with 200 items in their carts would let us skip ahead in line.

3. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    I forget.. What day is Black Friday again?

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Whats on sale? Any laptops?

5. pbjmaker

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Quote:I think that is what i'm going to convince my hubby to get all three kids. That and nothing else cept maybe the required undies and socks, etc.

My son uses his computer to do his digital artwork, my 21 year old just wants one desperately (cept she wants a MAC)

And the 17 year old is always running off with mine [​IMG]

6. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So what happened? [​IMG]

7. OvertheHenHouse

OvertheHenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    San Diego
    Great question, Kuntrygirl. I did Black Friday shopping at Walmart once a few years ago and swore I'd never do it again. The only reason I went was because they had an exclusive on a Mario DS my daughter really wanted. I got there 3 hours before opening and the line was already completely looped around the building. They opened late and there was lots of cutting in line and pushing and shoving by people who'd just shown up because there was zero crowd control - it got pretty ugly. When I got in I discovered that the items on my list (all electronics) hadn't even been brought out or displayed yet - another 2-hour wait. The employees didn't seem to have any direction or know what to do. And when it came time to check out - you guessed it, no crowd control.
    It was a nightmare and IMHO not worth the time or effort. But hey, at least there wasn't a killer stampede like what happened in New York a few years back...good luck to the brave souls who are going to try it this year!

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:I think that is what i'm going to convince my hubby to get all three kids. That and nothing else cept maybe the required undies and socks, etc.

My son uses his computer to do his digital artwork, my 21 year old just wants one desperately (cept she wants a MAC)

And the 17 year old is always running off with mine [​IMG]

The last couple of years they've had a decent little HP laptop on sale for a pretty good price...
    My mother want one this year.... look out world.. [​IMG]

9. FlaRocky

FlaRocky Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi, Only was stupid once [​IMG] ,went with the other half to Wally World. All the fighting and cussin in the store I can live without. People trying to grab stuff out of my cart, was so not worth it... Now I shop on-line with free shipping and no sale tax + on sale. So that is my win-win.

I also have most of my shopping done before October. I shop all year long for special gifts, go ahead and get them wrapped and addressed. Keep a list on file on pc, linked to my smartphone and a hard copy in top drawer of spare highboy dresser in extra bedroom. Hubby know this is off limits.[​IMG] Also keep quick extra gifts in it.

I will start my next year gift shopping when all the good sales start this year. You hear people say they want to shave a peach to save money, WELL I WILL SHAVE A GRAPE.....

Maye

10. pbjmaker

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Quote:[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So what happened? [​IMG]

We were tired so decided not to try. I know I know party poopers but we are getting old [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by